Bass Boat Forums (by boat brand) > Xpress Bass Boats Forums

X19

(1/7) > >>

hotchkisshammer:
Hey guys.  New to the forum.  Lookin to buy a new x19 n lookin for a little advice on what hp to go with... leaning toward merc 150 4 stroke or 175 pro xs...  this will be my 1st bass boat. Right now i have 17' grizzly with a 40 jet so in in new water on knowin what to get. Gonna be runnin dual power poles n ive been told that affects performance some.  Opinions welcome....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

transamz9:
Welcome to the boards. I always suggest maxing out on the HP unless tourney rules say otherwise. I wished I'd got a 300 instead of the 250 on mine.

Curt:
@hotchkisshammer Welcome to BBB!

As @transamz9 said, I always recommend a boat buyer get whatever the maximum HP is that the boat is rated for. So if it's rated for a 200, buy it with that!

It's always better to buy the bigger motor than to not buy it and wish you had bought it  (yes)

By the way, Xpress makes some great boats. I like them a lot!

hotchkisshammer:
Yeah i normally feel that way too. Just feel 200 is alot of motor for a 19ft tin boat. I dont need to be the fastest guy on the lake, but i would like to hear from a few x19 owners to know what they're gettin out of whatever motor they have on theirs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curt:
I don't own an Xpress boat, but I have a G3. Mine is the HP180, with a Yamaha 150 HP outboard.

I get 53+ MPH out of mine with a manual jackplate. I haven't spent a lot of time making precise adjustments to my jackpplate, so I don't know if I have it setup optimally. But I do know that I'm glad I opted for the 150 HP since that's what my boat is rated for.

I also think my prop is pitched incorrectly, at 19. I think a 21 would be much better for top end without losing holeshot, but I don't want to spend $600 just to find out.

An X19 with a 200 is probably a 60+ MPH boat. If you're not worried about being the fastest, go with the 150 HP and save some cash. But keep in mind that if you add two Talons or Power Poles to the boat you may want that 200 HP to compensate for the weight of those hanging off your transom. Just some food for thought.   (hmm)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version