BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 165
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: X19  (Read 27899 times)

Offline bullet20dc

• Smallmouth Bass
  • politically correct impaired
  • Referrals: 2
    • hvbm.org
Re: X19
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2017, 06:32:44 PM »
Curt    get some cup added on that prop.  porpoising happens when the prop lifts the nose and loses bite an it drops and then starts all over again.   I doubt bery much youre experiencing blowout  prob mean cavitaion or ventilation,  If your pants arent brown it isnt blow out.   this happens when the boat and prop lose bite all together and the boat is totally uncontrollable  no steering no forward thrust just sliding out of control until it eventually stops Usually at around 85 with a stock torque master and 80 with a std. I guarrentee you will remember that. the boat could even turn sideways and flip  thats why over 85 mph you have to go to a sportmaster lower  it will hold at a faster speed.  \
    Now cavitation  is when the water stream has tiny bubbles  in it and cavitates and actually boils the finish off the prop and lower  loss of top speed is kinda the only problem. 
    Now Im guessing you have a ventilation problem where the rpms go up in the hole shot like a dragster burning rubber  then all of a sudden the prop grabs and u get some forward movement.  Youre gettin a lot of air in the water stream  and the prop isnt biting .  you hear a distinct rpm rise and then it drops.  Thats a cupping issue or youre too high. 
     Your settup needs attention  You deff arent geting all you can from that setup u have now.  height,  right prob and maybe a set of wedges to get you tucked under more for the hole shot. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:24:14 PM by bullet20dc »
Ranger Z521C w 250 SHO

Offline transamz9

• Bluegill
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2017, 07:02:01 PM »
get some cup added on that prop.  porpoising happens when the prop lifts the nose and loses bite an it drops and then starts all over again.   I doubt bery much youre experiencing blowout  prob mean cavitaion or ventilation,  If your pants arent brown it isnt blow out.   this happens when the boat and prop lose bite all together and the boat is totally uncontrollable  no steering no forward thrust just sliding out of control until it eventually stops Usually at around 85 with a stock torque master and 80 with a std. I guarrentee you will remember that. the boat could even turn sideways and flip  thats why over 85 mph you have to go to a sportmaster lower  it will hold at a faster speed.  \
    Now cavitation  is when the water stream has tiny bubbles  in it and cavitates and actually boils the finish off the prop and lower  loss of top speed is kinda the only problem. 
    Now Im guessing you have a ventilation problem where the rpms go up in the hole shot like a dragster burning rubber  then all of a sudden the prop grabs and u get some forward movement.  Youre gettin a lot of air in the water stream  and the prop isnt biting .  you hear a distinct rpm rise and then it drops.  Thats a cupping issue or youre too high. 
     Your settup needs attention  You deff arent geting all you can from that setup u have now.  height,  right prob and maybe a set of wedges to get you tucked under more for the hole shot.

Who you talkin' to?

Offline bullet20dc

• Smallmouth Bass
  • politically correct impaired
  • Referrals: 2
    • hvbm.org
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2017, 07:24:51 PM »
Curt  he has a rig not doing what its supposed to
Ranger Z521C w 250 SHO

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2017, 04:25:22 PM »
@bullet. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it  :thumbup:

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal