Outboard Motor Forums (by brand) > Mercury/Mariner Outboards

Torquemaster lower unit oil

<< < (2/3) > >>

frugalangler:
I've got my Yammie torn down right now for a water-pump, and when I put it back on I'll be going w/ synthetic - of all the years I've never tried it so maybe now is the time. That may be the couple hundred RPM I'm looking for.

transamz9:

--- Quote from: frugalangler on January 19, 2017, 12:46:08 PM ---I've got my Yammie torn down right now for a water-pump, and when I put it back on I'll be going w/ synthetic - of all the years I've never tried it so maybe now is the time. That may be the couple hundred RPM I'm looking for.

--- End quote ---

I hear the synthetic trick only works on Mercury........there's no hope for dem hammer motas anyway. (giggle)

frugalangler:

--- Quote from: transamz9 on January 19, 2017, 02:51:07 PM ---I hear the synthetic trick only works on Mercury........there's no hope for dem hammer motas anyway. (giggle)

--- End quote ---

There is no hope needed, eh, because when I HAMMER down on the yammer, it just goes!!!!! Yea, it's a new experience but it's still a BLACK motor!!!

bullet20dc:
I believe, not sure, that yo-mamma 2 stroke lowers are merc built lowers  i seem to remember someone telling me that a while back.  Never really researched it tho

frugalangler:

--- Quote from: bullet20dc on January 20, 2017, 09:09:04 AM ---I believe, not sure, that yo-mamma 2 stroke lowers are merc built lowers  i seem to remember someone telling me that a while back.  Never really researched it tho

--- End quote ---

I'd agree with that as the parts I have for the pump and the style are dual part #'s - both merc and yam printed on the package. The style is so similar you'd almost say they copied if not OEM'd by merc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version