Bass Boat Forums (by boat brand) > Nitro Bass Boats Forums

Utility over performance

(1/2) > >>

Jig Man:
I have gotten tired of stopping on the driveway and changing the angle of the motor and lowering the power poles so I can back in the garage.  Then doing the same thing before I can get out of the garage.

So I just said heck with it and pulled the boat to the door.  I lowered the jack plate till the motor cleared and moved the power poles down to where they cleared.  I went to the lake and checked it out.  I lost 2 seconds on hole shot but everything else works just fine. 

When I got home I just backed it into the garage without having to adjust anything.  It was sooo nice.

I probably lost some top end but rarely do that anyway.

transamz9:
My doors are 8' tall but i still have to lower my poles.

Curt:

--- Quote from: Jig Man on February 26, 2017, 08:25:56 PM ---I have gotten tired of stopping on the driveway and changing the angle of the motor and lowering the power poles so I can back in the garage.  Then doing the same thing before I can get out of the garage.

--- End quote ---

Sometimes the littlest things can make a big difference! Glad it worked for you  :thumbup:

JackJ:
I have seen some tilt adapters for Power Poles that allow them to tilt to get into garages, etc. 

frugalangler:
Keep a remote for the PP in the truck, then when you back up, drop the  pole w/ the remote! You can even get a inexpensive remote wireless relay set for controlling hydro jack plate or tilt/trim remotely, keep it in the truck, and modify it before backing into the garage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version