Electronics Forums > Lowrance Forum

New lowrance hook 7

<< < (2/3) > >>

Curt:

--- Quote from: The dude on March 08, 2017, 04:02:08 PM ---used a shop vac and bag to pull the wires to the console.

--- End quote ---

How did you do that??  (shrug)

The dude:

Stuck a shop vac in that tube. Its built in to the boat the fuse pannel is in the storage locker and jumps off that tube. But it was no issue

Taped a walmart bag to my wires where the tube ended under the accesory pannel. It was a short run and the wires were small so it worked. Otherwise i would have pulled a string with the bag and pulled a wire with that.

This power point no longer worked, and i had no furher use for it. My black lights are led strips around the boat and i have a battery powered spotlight. So i disconected it and spliced my wire to those wires for my 12v. Then in the accuall fuse box i replaced the 10amp fuse with the recomended 3 amp for the fish finder. This kept me from crowding up my battery compartment with more wires and inline fuse. I did it this way since my accesory pannel up front only supplied 9v.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Curt:
Thanks! Glad it worked for you  :nod:

The dude:
Ok gonna have to undo this lol. I just perchased a one owner 2005 186vs reata with less than 60 hours on it. ( i know technically not a bass boat). But it has an old garmin 240 with the transducer gone. So my plan is to repurpose the hook 7 as a primary on the new to me boat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Curt:

--- Quote from: The dude on April 09, 2017, 10:51:03 AM ---Ok gonna have to undo this lol. I just perchased a one owner 2005 186vs reata with less than 60 hours on it. ( i know technically not a bass boat). But it has an old garmin 240 with the transducer gone. So my plan is to repurpose the hook 7 as a primary on the new to me boat.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like fun! LOL

Post some pics and let us know how it goes  (yes)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version