Bass Fishing Forums > Reels

Diawa Tatula Type R

(1/3) > >>

JackJ:
Anyone using one? 

frugalangler:
Not using the Tatula, but I've herd good reports from a couple folks that have them that I know.

I have numerous other higher end Diawa reels and they are great. My favorite is the Alphas, it's a Japanese only model finesse reel - it's the only one I've seen that can cast a 1/16oz ned rig - most people have to use a spinning reel which is way less accurate.

JackJ:
Yeah I really like the Alphas and the Pixys.  I saw someone selling the Tatula type R for $129 on eBay and thought I would pick one up.

I actually threw a Ned rig the other day.  I was using a 1/10oz and could sling it a mile on my Lews Tournament Pro.  They really sail through the air since not much wind resistance.
Even though I caught over 60 on a shakey head, I could not get a single bite on the Ned rig, but I will keep trying it.

Jig Man:
As a member of the Shimano posse I am not allowed to use one of them. 

However, the Ned or a version there of has been one of our main presentations for a long time.  The Charlie Brewer slider is a very good bait especially if you do swim twitch. 

Here is a video of the man himself talking about the technique named after him.

Curt:
@Jig Man I've watched that video in the past. Every time I watch it, I say I will give the Ned Rig a try. But then when I try it, I never get bit. I will keep trying, though.

I think my biggest problem is that I fish a lot of waters where the bottom is covered with weeds. It's really rare to find a hard bottom lake here with no weeds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version