Electronics Forums > Humminbird Forum

Transducer Kicking Up

<< < (2/4) > >>

The dude:
When I talked to lowrance about mine they said i could epoxy it in my hull (on a glass boat). But down scan would not work properly. The chirp would be fine though. Thats why i kept the old x45 so i had depth while running

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

bullet20dc:

--- Quote from: Curt on March 24, 2017, 06:15:18 PM ---. I just need to buy a Y cable so I can connect both transducers at the same time.

--- End quote ---
I believe you're gonna need a switch box to use 2 ducers on the same unit 
I've never had good results shooting thru an aluminum hull. I've tried a few now that customers just had to have even after suggesting it wouldn't work.
make sure the transition from hull to transducer is smooth , no dips no gaps  nothing that can cause turbulence.  It's a pita but with some patience and a lot of trial and error you can get it to work off the transom.

Curt:

--- Quote from: bullet20dc on March 26, 2017, 07:15:26 AM ---
I believe you're gonna need a switch box to use 2 ducers on the same unit 

--- End quote ---

My understanding was that using a Y cable eliminated the need for a switch box. But I need to dig a little deeper to sort that out.

I'm still wondering if maybe reinstalling the old Garmin unit to use for running might not be easier, cheaper and less aggravating to do  (hmm)

frugalangler:

--- Quote from: Curt on March 24, 2017, 06:13:29 PM ---
I wish I could shoot through the hull, but I don't know how viable that is with a tin boat. It isn't riveted, so there isn't the problem of turbulence from rivets, but I don't know how effective a through hull mount would be or if it's even worth considering.

--- End quote ---

They do make a 'ducer that is mounted thru a hole in the bottom of the boat, I know because I have one on my cat. It's a standard sonar 'ducer that works on Lowrance for sure as mine is on a X27c and I use it just for that - depth at speed, since my SI 'ducer is on the JP and is out of the water completely when running.

ranger361v:
Hey Curt.
Check out this place!
https://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/product-category/shields/humminbird/
Check through the menu to get what you might want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version