BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 188
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: The postman came by today  (Read 8486 times)

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
The postman came by today
« on: March 24, 2017, 10:01:38 PM »
and dropped off my buzz frog mold.  I made up a few from some scrap I had.

Now I guess I'll have to learn how to fish them.

If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: The postman came by today
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 03:50:54 PM »
@Jig Man Those look good!

I've found the best places to fish them is in areas that are 4 feet deep or less and with submerged grass that stops growing within just a few inches of the surface.

Scattered lily pads also work well, where they can be fished in the holes and pockets between pads.

They do not, however, work well in heavy pads.  (nope)

In heavy pads they tend to get hung up on the pads and will tear up easily. You could probably try lubing them up with some kind of oily fish attractant or worm oil, which would make them slide more easily over the pads, but it's easier just to use a hollow body frog in that kind of cover.  :nod:

Pad edges are also a good area for these. I remember a night tourney where I found a 150 foot long stretch of pads along the shore. The pads only extended out from shore about 6 feet or so. I tossed the frog onto the pads and then worked it out to the edge. I had a massive blowup when the frog got to the edge, but it missed. So I tossed back up there and tried again. But this time when I got to the edge, I slid it off the edge into open water and then killed it right there. As it began to sink ultra slow, a big bass inhaled it.

I did this for the next 10 minutes or so and landed two 5 lbers., a 2 1/2 lber. and missed another one equally as big as the first two hawgs.

So be prepared to have some fun once you figure out how and where to use them  (giggle)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Eric Low

• Smallmouth Bass
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 04:24:13 PM »
I have seen these fished on a Arkey style jig without a skirt. Fished just as you might a jig and pig. Worked great that day

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 08:17:05 PM »
Eric that is one of the ways I plan to try.  That and in the back of pockets with some lay downs in them.

Curt we have no vegetation in any of our lakes.  There is gravel, rocks and some standing timber only.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 10:07:03 PM »

Curt we have no vegetation in any of our lakes.  There is gravel, rocks and some standing timber only.

:surprised: (fp)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal