BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 148
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Water water everywhere  (Read 5594 times)

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Water water everywhere
« on: April 30, 2017, 07:03:46 AM »
We have been hit hard by rain.  In the last 24 hours north AR and SW MO has had from 7-12 inches of rain and it hasn't stopped yet. There have been evacuations in several small towns in the area and over 100 road closings. 

December of 2015 brought a flood that took out over a mile of my fence.  It is being tested right now with flood waters from the creek that flows past the farm.  There are at least 3 road closings between here and the farm so I can't even get there to assess any damage.

I am planning on a 2 week camping/fishing trip starting Tuesday.  The lake was 5' down and now it is 5' up and still rising.  It is coming up about a foot per day.  It looks like I'll be wacky and spinner bait fishing the bushes when the fish move in instead of Ned fishing (if I get to go).

If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: Water water everywhere
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 08:27:33 PM »
I hope it stops soon so you don't have any damage  :nod:

I never cease to be amazed by the power of water. Flooding is incredibly damaging no matter where it happens.

And I bet you're right... the fish will be deep into the bushes if you get to go fishing!

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 10:02:56 PM »
Thanks Curt.  I was able to get down there this pm.  I had to drive through water a couple of times but not dangerously high.  My fence that we put in last August held.  I couldn't get out in the field to look closely because of the water still present but I could see the white tops on the green post that we drove.  So I guess I am good to go even though the lake where I am going is coming up a foot per day.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 10:25:38 PM »
the lake where I am going is coming up a foot per day.

That's crazy. I just have a hard time grasping that, since we have no reservoirs here where I live.

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 07:05:52 AM »
Our area is rolling hills with  lots of streams and rivers.  Where I live the elevation is around 1250'  30 miles south of me is the White River Chain of lakes (Table Rock lake elevation 915).  All of our runoff south bound goes into it.  To the north of me is another chain of lake with the highest one being Stockton elevation 867.  All of our north bound runoff goes to it.

We have a bunch of lakes in this area which were built for flood control and hydro electric generation.  On my farm alone there is at least 200' elevation from the hill tops to the creek bottom hayfields.

Offline pondhopper424

• Bluegill
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 03:25:28 AM »
I saw a picture on Facebook of some people fishing on the road at one of our area lakes. Heavy stuff hit here also; just not quite as bad as you guys got it!

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 06:25:55 AM »
It has been pretty bad Scott but not as bad at our place as the December 2015 flood that all came in 1 day.  We have more coming on Wednesday.  We will just have to wait and see how it goes.

One of the bridges over Table Rock is closed.  The water has reached the underneath side and MO DOT shut it down.  I'm heading to Stockton for a couple of weeks.  It is up 10' and I'm sure the fish will be heading to the bushes after the spawn.

Offline bullet20dc

• Smallmouth Bass
  • politically correct impaired
  • Referrals: 2
    • hvbm.org
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 06:54:38 AM »
dayum sounds like you got hit hard,  stay safe,  running on a swollen lake with floating stuff everwhere is not a good thing.  we have lake lillinonah here when it swells you can be running down lake and all of a sudden a full tree floats by root ball and all. that will put a pucker in yer butt.
Ranger Z521C w 250 SHO

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 11:06:27 AM »

that will put a pucker in yer butt.

Yes it will! The CT river is the same way. Massive trees floating downstream after the spring rains. Never a good thing for high sped boat runs  (nope)

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal