Lure & Rod Building > Lure Building Forum

First run of new mold

<< < (4/4)

Curt:
All this talk of shooting plastics and experimenting with colors, etc. makes me want to try this. But I already have way too much on my plate. Can't add another thing to it  (nope)

frugalangler:

--- Quote from: Jig Man on June 02, 2017, 05:41:20 PM ---Do you shoot any laminates or just single colors?

--- End quote ---
I'm still a newbie at plastic, so I'm sticking to single color w/ a little tip treatment. My current molds aren't designed for lamination, maybe if I get into duplicating larger baits, but right now I'm trying to fill a void of what I've found works but i can't buy over the counter. I'm pretty simple person, I've not had much success w/ laminates or swirls I've bought, so not sure I want to invest there.

do you have experience laminating?

frugalangler:

--- Quote from: Curt on June 05, 2017, 10:30:58 AM ---All this talk of shooting plastics and experimenting with colors, etc. makes me want to try this. But I already have way too much on my plate. Can't add another thing to it  (nope)

--- End quote ---

I have way too much on my plate also, but I've found I can make 3 bags of baits in about an hour or a little more, so since I'm now able to make what I can't buy it's all good time spent.

Jig Man:
I really like to laminate my stingers for crappie.  I do it with a blending block but for some of my other molds I have used aluminum sheets and made laminating plates so I can shoot them and get 2 halves then go back with one half and shoot the other color.  Here are some laminated stingers.

Curt:
@Jig Man Those look great! I bet the Crappies really like them too  :nod:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version