Lure & Rod Building > Lure Building Forum

First run of new mold

<< < (2/4) > >>

frugalangler:
I'll let you know, but in all honesty I rarely get bothered by the little guys, perch, bluegill, warmouth, etc. What I HAVE found is that the drum LOVE the Ned Rig, but that's OK, cause around here the drum love the muscle beds, and where they are the smallies are very close by, usually just a bit deeper or further from shore, so if I catch a drum, I back out a little 'cause I know I'm in the right area.
Example, last weekend over 4 days, the Ned caught probably over 75 bass, mostly smallies and spots, but only 1 bluegill and one giant crappie about 14". I have noticed that if I use a chartreuse tipped green-pumpkin 1/2 senko (Yum makes one I use a lot) I get bothered by the little guys a bit more, but when that color is on the bass don't let them bother it much.

FYI, I know you fish Stockton a lot, when I've fished it I've found even though the water is VERY clear, my 'muddy water' color works exceptionally well - it's a black/blue flaked BPS stick (senko) - folks look at me like are you blind, the water is too clear for that color but I just laugh. Try it next time you're on Stockton.

Curt:

--- Quote from: frugalangler on May 25, 2017, 09:05:36 AM ---I have noticed that if I use a chartreuse tipped green-pumpkin 1/2 senko

--- End quote ---

I've found the same thing here too, no matter what body of water or what soft plastic bait I'm fishing. A chartreuse, bright blue or pink tip or tail equals lots of perch and bluegill bites  :rolleyes:

But, if the bass are on them, like you mentioned, the bluegill bites are less and the bass bites make up for them  :nod:

Jig Man:
That has been a good color late in the evening I've not tried it with bright sun.  I'll have to give it a try.   Yesterday I got my butt kicked by my s-I-l.  I was using a June bug and he was using a gp/gobie.  He had 4 in a row while I had no bites.  I had to switch to it in order to stand a chance.

frugalangler:
Got the new mole yesterday, and immediately had to try it. Here's a pic of the result, on the left (2 colors, motor oil and black/blue, with the jig I pour and use (pre-powdercoating) and a white example of the one I am attempting to get close to, with a 1/2 5" Senko for size comparison. the new ones have a extra tentacle on the side, I can snip off or leave, depending on what the fish tell me to do LOL

Jig Man:
Can't really tell is the white spinnerbait trailer pearl or is that just the light?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version