BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 262
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Weekend on the Rock  (Read 3864 times)

Offline frugalangler

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Play hard, Fish harder!!!!!
  • Referrals: 0
    • Club website
Weekend on the Rock
« on: May 22, 2017, 11:27:17 AM »
Wow, I can't believe how much it rained last weekend. Table Rock <was> being drawn down about .2 to .3 feet per day until Thursday when the sky opened up over night and dumped about 2" where we were, even a tornado down the lake a ways that overturned one dock! Friday saw similar with a deluge late after noon w/ 50MPH winds, and another 2" over night. Well, it rose about a foot even with what they were drawing down, and Sunday they started pulling more water so there was a major current running even 30 miles from the dam. Saturday I found a pattern that held in a number of locations - Bluff shores w/ a shelf and next to deep water (60' or so) using my favorite - the NED Rig. Caught a lot of fish, all smallies and managed 3 decent keepers. Interesting part of the pattern, the bluff wall had to have water running off the wall into the lake like a waterfall, no water no fish.
Sunday the weather changed, wind out of the north instead of south, cold about 48* at launch, and about a 20MPH steady wind all day with gusts to 40 where I was, with about 2X the current it made interesting finesse fishing! I ended up fishing an end of bluff point that is about 10' wide at the top, runs about 100' underwater and drops to 60' on each side, with the wind and current coming over the top if I could get a tube to sink and land on top of the ridge, I would get bit, but with the wind and current it was a chore to hit just the right spot to drift and land there. All in all I caught about 25 fish off that ridge, but only found 1 big enough for the scale, still bent rods are fun.
FrugalAngler
Ranger198VX/Yamaha VMax
Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: Weekend on the Rock
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 02:13:57 PM »
still bent rods are fun.

Absolutely! Sometimes just sheer numbers can make up for tough conditions :nod:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:33:55 AM by Curt »

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal