BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 395
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Memorial weekend 2017  (Read 4970 times)

Offline frugalangler

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Play hard, Fish harder!!!!!
  • Referrals: 0
    • Club website
Memorial weekend 2017
« on: June 01, 2017, 09:53:43 AM »
got out over the holiday weekend to our country home, sits on a 50A private lake/pond in north central MO.

over the three days, I got some time on the water between doing chores, seems they are never ending and this weekend was typical - had to do maintenance and repair on both the ZTR and the yard tractor, seems they like to both break at the same time LOL.

anyway, water is still up and all but right near the spillway tube it's muddy, but the grass is just beginning to emerge to the surface along the edges, so the bass are beginning to hang in the shallows more.

over the weekend, I boated about 60 fish, all in the 3# to 5# range except for maybe 5 small 12" guys - good numbers but no typical lunkers like I'm accustomed to. with the exception of 7 that came on a T-rigged black chartreuse tipped 7" power worm all the rest came off a wacky rigged 4" Yum Dinger in either green pumpkin with chartreuse tip or black/blue flaked - and almost all the bites were swimmers, hardly any hard hits at all. the only hard hits came off the power worm, and they were buried in a dead-fall.

here's a pic of three of the typical size I caught this weekend, great fun break from the chores.

FrugalAngler
Ranger198VX/Yamaha VMax
Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
Re: Memorial weekend 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 11:55:44 AM »
Good fish.  Sounds like a nice weekend if with chores.  Where is the land that you own.?
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 08:36:10 PM »
Good for you! Those are some nice fish  :nod:

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline frugalangler

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Play hard, Fish harder!!!!!
    • Club website
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 09:30:00 AM »
Good fish.  Sounds like a nice weekend if with chores.  Where is the land that you own.?

We're north of Columbia, MO about 18 miles, it's just a small homeowner lake totally owned by residents, no public access for fishing. I've owned the property for about 16 years now, and have enjoyed it immensely and continue to. It's a wonderful retreat from the daily grind - especially this past winter when the pair of Eagles nested in our next door neighbors tree and we watched them as they fledged two eaglets!
FrugalAngler
Ranger198VX/Yamaha VMax
Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 10:32:13 AM »
We're north of Columbia, MO about 18 miles, it's just a small homeowner lake totally owned by residents, no public access for fishing. I've owned the property for about 16 years now, and have enjoyed it immensely and continue to. It's a wonderful retreat from the daily grind - especially this past winter when the pair of Eagles nested in our next door neighbors tree and we watched them as they fledged two eaglets!

Good for you! Sounds like a great investment, especially for someone who likes to fish  :nod:  <((><

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal