Bass Boat Maintenance & Repairs > Bass Boat Trailer Maintenance

Oh woah is me...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jig Man:
Got a call today.  New axle with pads, calipers, and even a new actuator have been ordered.  The service tech said Tracker Marine normally takes a couple of weeks to get something like that shipped.  So it looks like June is a bust for me.  This is the second year in a row that I have missed June.

Curt:

--- Quote from: Jig Man on June 09, 2017, 11:44:52 AM ---BETTER BE!!!  Not a year old yet.

--- End quote ---

That's what I thought, that it was less than a year old  :thumbup:

Curt:

--- Quote from: Jig Man on June 09, 2017, 12:51:13 PM ---So it looks like June is a bust for me.  This is the second year in a row that I have missed June.

--- End quote ---

Oh man, that really stinks.  :crying:

Huge bummer that this happened on a boat/trailer that's less than a year old. Hopefully it's a one-time deal and you won't have any other major malfunctions anytime soon.

bullet20dc:
seems odd that the whole axle has to be replaced.  you would think caliper, pads,  bearings, seals  and rotor would be all needed.  all off the shelf parts for that trailer in any automotve parts store.  I get all replacement parts for nitro trailers at my local NAPA dealer,  just cross ref the part numbers.

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: bullet20dc on June 17, 2017, 08:27:56 AM ---seems odd that the whole axle has to be replaced.  you would think caliper, pads,  bearings, seals  and rotor would be all needed.
--- End quote ---

Kinda what I thought.... More like, "that's REALLY farked up brakes that it needs a whole axle"...but whadda I know.  :rolleyes:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version