BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 190
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Pataganset Lake - East Lyme  (Read 7362 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Pataganset Lake - East Lyme
« on: June 18, 2017, 07:43:13 PM »
Conditions: Cloudy with fog and occasional very light drizzle
Wind: light and variable
Air Temp: 65
Water Temp: 72-74
Depth: 4-8 FOW

My club held its club Classic tournament on Friday Night/Saturday Morning.

We fished this lake at night for the very first time. In the past we've held tournaments there, but only during daylight hours. So we had no idea what to expect after dark.

It turned out to be an awesome night fishery!!  :nod:

I started out fishing a small cove and had a fish wack a spinnerbait on my second cast, but it was a short strike. I made one more cast with the spinnerbait and then switched to a buzzbait and hooked up on my first cast. The fish was 11 1/2 inches, so back it went.

The next cast brought another short bass to the boat. Then I went about 45 minutes with only one other bite in the buzzbait, which felt like a keeper but came unbuttoned  (fp)

I worked my way back out of the cove and started fishing a point with a spinnerbait and landed a nice bass over 2 lbs.

I stayed there for a few more minutes but didn't have any other bites.

I then moved onto a large flat that lead to deeper water and the baitfish were bunched up there big time. I could hear them breaking all around me. I could also hear bass occasionally busting them on the surface, so I quickly grabbed my Jitterstick and began throwing that.

I hooked up within the first few casts and then it was game on for the next 3 hours or so. I limited out and culled several times, all while never moving more than 50 yards in one direction or the other.

After three hours the wind started to pick up a bit and the baitfish started going away. The bass bite also died so I started moving around looking for more bites.

I checked another shallow cove but found it choked up with weeds, so I moved on and ended up fishing an area with a beach and a sizable dock inside of the swimming area. That area gave me two or three more nice fish, allowing me to cull off any fish that I had that were under 2 lbs.

I ended up with 12.55 lbs, good for 3rd place. I was happy with that  :nod:

Now, here's the really cool part.

I started off catching topwater fish on my 5/8 oz. Jitterstick. But once I had my limit I wanted to try to upgrade and get some bigger fish, so I changed to a bigger lure that I had previously not caught any fish on.

It's a custom lure that I got from a lure maker in Australia a couple years ago. It's called Pandemonium. It's a creeper style lure with large wings that was designed to catch Murray Cod over in The Land Down Under. But let's just say that the bass here in New England absolutely loved it too  (giggle)

For the rest of the tourney I used this bait and they annihilated it. And best of all, when they hit it, they took the whole bait in, so I didn't lose a single fish either.

Here's a pic of the bait.

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal