Bass Boat Mods > Custom Lighting

LED Light Installation

(1/6) > >>

Curt:
I've had a complete set of LED lights for my boat for close to 2 years now. I installed the bow lights quite a while back and really like them. But I've been dragging my feet when it comes to getting the rest of the kit installed.  :rolleyes:

I think I'll bite the bullet and get it done sometime in the next week or so. I'll post some pics when it's finished  (yes)

Jig Man:
I was wanting some red ones for the sides of my boat for night vision and red to keep the bugs down.  Luckily my main fishing partner had some that he had not installed.  I borrowed them and taped them to the side of my boat under the rub rail.  They did not even come close to being enough light so I gave them back and am still trying to figure something out.

JackJ:
I have several green strips to put on my boat that I have been putting off also.   I just cant figure out a good way to mount them.   
I thought they would fit fine under my side bumper rails but placing it up close to them would have them shining down at a angle.  So not sure what I am going to do.

Right now the one I use is on a GoPro suction cup mount, but my new ones are strips.   I may end up putting them in some sort of enclosure also.

Curt:
The lights I'm installing are more to light the interior of the boat than for anything else. They are all red strips. They came from @mfwyatt05 , a sponsor of this site.

I don't use any lights for night fishing with regard to shining anything on the water at all. The less light, the better.

Red is my preferred color because it doesn't attract bugs and it's the color that has the least effect on night vision.

Green lights attract bugs like crazy. So I would never recommend that anyone use them to light their boat or the water around it.  (nope)

JackJ:
I'm using a red filter on a white light right now, its just not bright enough so I took it off and just use the white.   But even the white led without the filter usually doesn't cause me much problem with bugs.

I like it to be really lit up because I actually think I catch more fish when it is.  I think it turns them on, just like a dock light would do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version