BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 192
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: LED Light Installation  (Read 23442 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: LED Light Installation
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 02:25:03 PM »
@transamz9 Those look awesome  :nod:  :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing!

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline transamz9

• Bluegill
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 03:12:51 PM »
If you notice in the first picture the third light from the left in the rub rail is shorter. That is what they call the moon glow. It illuminates the bank pretty good on a pitch black night from about 50' away. I know in the pictures it's hard to tell but the longer lights in the rub rail are the UV lights. I have 4 of those on each side.

Here is a picture of the docking lights in the rub rail on the bow. I don't have my navigation lights mounted in this picture nor do I have a picture of them but they are mounted directly under the rail .....

In this picture you can see how much light the docking lights put out on the garage door. It's wild how the UV light mixes with the white docking lights to make the door look blue in the picture.

Offline fishon-son

• Smallmouth Bass
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 09:42:41 PM »
that's nice   where do you find them  and is there   red   lol   

Offline transamz9

• Bluegill
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 10:42:18 PM »
that's nice   where do you find them  and is there   red   lol

The rub rail is Night Fishion and it only comes UV. The lights I have inside came from Wal-Mart.

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 9-3
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 02:18:07 PM »
The lights I bought to put under my rub rail were actually red and not green.  Old age setting in I guess had forgetton what I ordered.
They just arent bright enough for me to see well and they are 5050's.    I have one green Blue Water light strip that is really bright so I may just use it.
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2018, 09:57:41 AM »
Maybe, just maybe, I will get these lights installed this Spring before I start night fishing   :rolleyes:

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 11:04:20 AM »
I have already fished 3 night tournaments, but I have yet to get my lights rigged up  :rolleyes:
I am still just using my little LED white light that suctions to the boat ( I have it on a Gopro mount)
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 11:15:31 AM »
I have already fished 3 night tournaments, but I have yet to get my lights rigged up  :rolleyes:
I am still just using my little LED white light that suctions to the boat ( I have it on a Gopro mount)

LOL. I don't feel so bad now  (giggle)

But enough is enough for me. I need to get these done very soon. I've procrastinated long enough  (fp)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2018, 09:20:45 PM »
I finally got them installed this past weekend!!  (woohoo)

Here are a couple pics  (giggle)

I spread this project out over two days (Saturday and Sunday). This is the first time I have done this type of installation, so I had to sort out a lot of details as I went along. I think it took me a total of 7-8 hours. This is mainly because there was so much involved in figuring out how to route everything, how it would all connect together, etc.

Then I had to do a lot of wire fishing, which with an aluminum boat is a pain in the butt. All in all, though, it went pretty well and I only had one 5 foot stretch of wires that I wasn't able to conceal. I fixed that today by running to Home Depot and buying a 5 foot section of plastic wire channel with adhesive backing and hid that one stretch under the port side gunwale.

I'm really happy with the way they came out and the way the boat looks with them on in the dark.

I picked red because it doesn't attract bugs and it doesn't mess with my night vision.

The entire LED light set on my boat, including the bow lights, is from LEDHead Light. http://stores.ebay.com/LED-Boat-Lighting

@mfwyatt05 is a member here and the owner of LEDHead Lighting
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 10:06:11 AM by Curt »

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2018, 07:40:13 AM »
That ought to give you plenty of light to see what ever you want to see in the boat.  Looks like a good install job.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2018, 11:57:47 AM »
Put this short video together:

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2018, 01:20:50 PM »
Very nice!  Really like the dimmer on there too!
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2018, 01:50:44 PM »
Thanks @JackJ I wouldn't have installed them without a dimmer. It's nice to have complete control of the level of light!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2018, 10:15:00 AM »
During the video that I posted above, I showed a section of wires that still needed to be concealed. They were hanging down a bit.

Inside of my port rod locker I had other wires that I had run and then concealed at the top of the locker with duct tape. I did the tape as a sort of experiment, to see if it would hold overnight. I had a feeling it wouldn't, and I was right.

So, I hit Home Depot on Monday of last week and bought two five-foot sections of plastic wiremold with adhesive backing, to get those wires tucked up under the gunnel and in the upper corner of the port rod locker.

This worked perfectly! If I didn't show anyone the wire mold, they would probably never notice it. And it did exactly what I needed it to do.

I will get pics of the actual installation and post them later on.

Offline Nightmare

• Smallmouth Bass
  • My Biggest Bass: LM 7 lb 5 oz (so far), Guntersville
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2018, 10:50:53 AM »
Spiffy!  :thumbup:

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff