BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 204
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Hit The Water Last Night  (Read 5597 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Hit The Water Last Night
« on: June 29, 2017, 02:28:19 PM »
My wife and I packed a bagged supper and hit the lake last night for a while.

She didn't fish, but I did. We ate our sandwiches when we got there and then she laid on the back deck with her cushions and I fished.  (yes)

Action was slow until the sun went away, and then I managed a half dozen or so decent bass, with just one short.

I was fishing at the lake I mentioned a couple weeks ago as having big potential for night fishing. Once again, I wasn't disappointed, despite having a cold front blow out yesterday afternoon.

Can't wait to get back there and fish it some more when the weather is a tad more stable  (yes)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Hit The Water Last Night
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 06:13:07 PM »
Sounds like a right fair trip.  Congrats.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 03:50:33 PM »
Tried to get out again last night but got rained out. My buddy and I actually drove to the lake and started hitting showers on the way there.

Once we got there, it was raining pretty hard. SO we sat in the truck for a half hour and gabbed while eating a snack  (yes)

While we sat there we saw a few good bolts of lightning and heard some heavy rumbles. And the radar showed more storms materializing and heading our way.

So we ended up calling it quits and we headed back home. We'll give it a try again soon when the rain and thunder goes away  :rolleyes:

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 05:11:34 PM »
That sounds like you did the smart thing.  Boats on the water and lightning are never a good thing.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 10:18:07 AM »
Boats on the water and lightning are never a good thing.

No.. not a good combination at all  (nope)

Offline Nightmare

• Smallmouth Bass
  • My Biggest Bass: LM 7 lb 5 oz (so far), Guntersville
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 12:40:22 PM »
Yep, used to not miss a session during that kinda garbage weather as fishin' was always crazy great.

After the 2 guys got waxed in FL quite a few years back from a storm 10 miles away (clear skies where they were) plus a photo of a fella's graphite rod that attracted unwanted attention (looked like one a them fiber optic bloomin' table things), I said to self, "Self - that just ain't nuthin good bout that right there".

I watch suspicious weather and first grumble I hear, its gone-time for me. And I figure that's pushin' it enough. (fp)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 06:50:10 PM »

I watch suspicious weather and first grumble I hear, its gone-time for me. And I figure that's pushin' it enough. (fp)

Definitely  (yes)

Many years back, my friend and I were fishing in Maine. There was a T storm on the other side of the mountain that was right next to the lake. We could hear the thunder in the distance. But the smallies were on like fire and we just kept fishing.

Then my buddy cast his plastic worm out there and it stayed suspended in mid-air, floating about 6 feet above the water, including the 1/16 oz. bullet weight.  :surprised: :surprised:

That was enough for us! We hightailed it out of there. A very short time later the skies opened up and the earth shook with monster thunder!

I'll never forget that day, and it taught me a valuable lesson about thunder and lightning.  (fp) (fp)

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal