Bass Fishing Forums > Fishing Line

Troubleshooting Line Breakage Problems

(1/2) > >>

Curt:
I had some trouble over the last 10 days or so with line breaking repeatedly on one of my spinnerbait rods. It was getting pretty frustrating, not to mention costly due to lost spinnerbaits, so I spent some time today figuring out why.

I ended up writing a blog post to explain how I went about pinpointing the cause.

You can check it out here if you'd like to: http://www.curtsnow.com/blog/troubleshooting-fishing-line-breakage-problems

Jig Man:
Let's hope that was the key to the mystery of the breaking line.  I get broke off a lot but it is the rocks I get hung up in and pull till the line breaks. :D

Curt:

--- Quote from: Jig Man on July 30, 2017, 05:49:37 PM ---Let's hope that was the key to the mystery of the breaking line.  I get broke off a lot but it is the rocks I get hung up in and pull till the line breaks. :D

--- End quote ---

(giggle)

I was baffled by this until I broke out the scale this morning and did what I did. Pretty frustrating to have line breaking like this. I know I make my own spinnerbaits, but using premium components can get pretty costly, regardless.  :rolleyes:

I'll be spooling new line on tomorrow and then trying it out this week. I'll report back here to let you know how it goes with brand new line.

Jig Man:
I know what you mean.  I make my spinner baits and even getting a good deal like I did from you on them I still have over $4 in each one.

Curt:

--- Quote from: Jig Man on July 30, 2017, 09:34:17 PM ---I know what you mean.  I make my spinner baits and even getting a good deal like I did from you on them I still have over $4 in each one.

--- End quote ---

It's crazy what baits like those cost to make even when you make them yourself. But that's what it takes to use baits that are exactly what you want them to be, so I will continue to do it  :nod:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version