Bass Boat Forums (by boat brand) > Ranger Bass Boats Forums

my new ride

<< < (3/3)

Curt:
@bullet20dc Sounds like you made a good buying choice  :thumbup:

--- Quote ---I dont have to spend hours fixing stuff I broke
--- End quote ---

Definitely a plus. Super fast boats are fun, but that speed always comes at a price.

Curt:

--- Quote from: Jig Man on October 05, 2017, 09:58:57 AM ---Quiet is on nice isn't it? 

--- End quote ---

It's funny how when we're younger we like the loud stuff. But as we get older we prefer quiet  (giggle)

Eric Low:
"4 big mutha batteries"
Did you go with all group 31 AGM's? I am making a similar transition soon

frugalangler:

--- Quote from: Eric Low on November 04, 2017, 07:21:37 PM ---"4 big mutha batteries"
Did you go with all group 31 AGM's? I am making a similar transition soon

--- End quote ---

Quite a while back I converted all my lead wet cells to 31 AGMs (even cranking), and never looked back. I'm on IIRC my 5th season on them, they still hold ALL day in all day windy fishing - yea they were EXPENSIIVE but they last both short term per charge and long term # of years of service. Speaking from experience, I can highly recommend them.

the other thing, I ditched the big bulky charger and went to a Stealth AC/DC pack, gives me AC charge at the motel and on-the-run charge on the water, which I'm sold on helping keep the batteries fresh through the day and helps prevent sulfation due to periods of discharge. That helped offset the extra weight of the AGMs but they're still BIG MUTHA's compared to wet cells.

Curt:
I've been running AGM batteries for the last 20 years or more. I will never buy another lead acid battery again.

I don't have enough room in my boat for group 31 batteries. But the 2 group 27s are fine for my Minn Kota 80 lb. thrust TM. And the group 24 is enough to run my accessories, my lights and my starter, without fail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version