BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 269
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: merc 150?'s  (Read 8698 times)

Offline trfishin

• Guppy
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 1/2 lb Florida largemouth
merc 150?'s
« on: January 31, 2015, 10:45:46 PM »
Hello fellow anglers    Im looking at a new boat in the very near future.   i was looking at a yahama 90hp   but after doing some more looking today im wondering if anyone can shed ANY light on the 2014-2015 Mercury 150 NON VERADO and the 150 Mercury Verado supercharged.    the boat im possibly going to buy can have either one i want

Can anyone please give me any information GOOD OR BAD   on the Mercury 150's   I want to hear it all   this is a one time big purchace for me and to be honest i have only run my brothers 1850 Lund Deep V boat with the 200hp supercharged Verado on it  its fast hole shot and quiet but the boat im looking at will most likely be rigged with the NON verado Merc 150      Thank you
Love to bass fish

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
Re: merc 150?'s
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 06:10:42 AM »
When you state non Verado are you meaning a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke but not a Verado?
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline trfishin

• Guppy
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 11:22:50 AM »
The boat dealer said the non Verado is a four stroke But it's Not supercharged
Love to bass fish

Offline Dingerbaits

• Guppy
    • Dinger Custom Baits LLC
  • My Biggest Bass: 7.5 LMB 6.4SMB
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 05:47:22 PM »
Funny question here. Ok, let me get started by stating that I am a Marine Technician and Merc Certified. The new 150 4-strokes run pretty well, only issues I have had with them is the vibration from the motor at an idle. Different motor mounts than the Verado. Gear housing are the exact same. Only thing extra you will be getting with the Verado is the super charger and a few extra RPM's, Mph, not much better of a hole shot, and looks way cooler. I wouldn't consider buying a Verado unless I wanted a inline 6 with the AMS (Advanced Mid Section). I could go on and on, but to be honest I would go with the 150 4-stroke, not the Verado unless price isn't an issue.
Ding This!!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 07:34:32 PM »
Thanks for your feedback @Dingerbaits   (y)

@trfishin  does this help??
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 03:51:11 PM by Curt »

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline trfishin

• Guppy
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 08:32:42 PM »
Yup that helps me a bunch Curt    Thanks alot for the great information dingerbaits  thats great to know your the man being marine certified and a Merc tech   thats really cool.     Im glad to hear some good reviews from the 150hp 4 stroke merc because last week I bought me a new boat Finally.

Its only been a 22year search and OH getting my wife  :-* to say yes  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*   I bought me a
 2015 17 1/2' Alumacraft competitor series Limited     with a 150hp 4 stroke merc on the back and a 80# Minnkota I pilot with link and a Humminbird 859 HD DI finder and some other goodies.    I cant wait probably next week I will be able to go and pick it up.   They are rigging it up as we speak.   The weather has been crazy warm here in Wyoming this winter with very little snow and really hot temperatures that have melted the ice off of all most all the lakes here.   SO its time to hit the open water on the new boat and do some Lake trout fishing until the water temps start to come up then its SMALLMOUTH BASS ON time.    I cant wait.    Thanks again for the information and good luck fishing  8)
Love to bass fish

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal