Outboard Motor Forums (by brand) > Mercury/Mariner Outboards

merc 150?'s

(1/2) > >>

trfishin:
Hello fellow anglers    Im looking at a new boat in the very near future.   i was looking at a yahama 90hp   but after doing some more looking today im wondering if anyone can shed ANY light on the 2014-2015 Mercury 150 NON VERADO and the 150 Mercury Verado supercharged.    the boat im possibly going to buy can have either one i want

Can anyone please give me any information GOOD OR BAD   on the Mercury 150's   I want to hear it all   this is a one time big purchace for me and to be honest i have only run my brothers 1850 Lund Deep V boat with the 200hp supercharged Verado on it  its fast hole shot and quiet but the boat im looking at will most likely be rigged with the NON verado Merc 150      Thank you

Jig Man:
When you state non Verado are you meaning a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke but not a Verado?

trfishin:
The boat dealer said the non Verado is a four stroke But it's Not supercharged

Dingerbaits:
Funny question here. Ok, let me get started by stating that I am a Marine Technician and Merc Certified. The new 150 4-strokes run pretty well, only issues I have had with them is the vibration from the motor at an idle. Different motor mounts than the Verado. Gear housing are the exact same. Only thing extra you will be getting with the Verado is the super charger and a few extra RPM's, Mph, not much better of a hole shot, and looks way cooler. I wouldn't consider buying a Verado unless I wanted a inline 6 with the AMS (Advanced Mid Section). I could go on and on, but to be honest I would go with the 150 4-stroke, not the Verado unless price isn't an issue.

Curt:
Thanks for your feedback @Dingerbaits   (y)

@trfishin  does this help??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version