Electronics Forums > General Electronics Q&A

Back um up often

<< < (3/3)

Jig Man:

--- Quote from: JackJ on November 27, 2017, 09:11:01 AM ---Did you happen to tell it to show the "community edits" to make all those additional way points show up if you are using Navionics?
https://www.navionics.com/usa/charts/features/community-edits

--- End quote ---

Not on purpose.  I'll check to see if it is marked.   Thanks Jack

Do any of you actually share them?

Not to very many people, just to those with whom I fish.

I don't even tell people where and how I fish except in very vague terms.

JackJ:
I dont do the community edits either.   It may not even share way points, but I know it shares a lot of other info like boat ramps, dangers, etc.

Nightmare:
Only thing I might share are hazards. First, I don't trust people to not be throwing out bs info. Second, If I have good spots - I worked to find'em and sure ain't markin'em down for somebody else to be on when I show up....get enough of that just from people watchin' other peoples' action.

bullet20dc:
just a question cause i was trying to figure out how that could happen. do u put the wp on one unit and share among the 3 like i do. basically what i have on one I have on all 3 units , they are tied together.   is it possible that triples the count even tho you only put the waypoints on one unit.  I really have no idea.   are they all the same or diff on each unit.   I dont know how far off you are on your settings on the unit from factory defaults but it would be real quick to restore to factory defaults  setting   that erases all wp's in one shot   especially if u have them on sd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version