Bass Fishing Forums > Bass Fishing Tips & Techniques

Speaking of Wacky Rigs...

(1/1)

Curt:
When any of you guys wacky rig a Senko, what method do you use?

Do you hook it directly through the plastic, or do you use O rings?

And, if you use O rings, do you use one O ring, or do you use two of them criss crossed?

Jig Man:
When I do it it is on one of my home made soft sticks.  I just put a #2 hook through the worm with a carpet tack in one end and throw it out weightless.

Nightmare:
#4 octopus hook stabbed thru middle....sometimes slightly off towards one end or other if I'm feelin' crazy.  8)

frugalangler:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on December 24, 2017, 07:01:24 PM ---#4 octopus hook stabbed thru middle....sometimes slightly off towards one end or other if I'm feelin' crazy.  8)

--- End quote ---

Ah, you spoiled it, I was reading along and got to the end expecting "feelin' wacky", so disappointing!

But, I use all methods, probably the most effective has been a 3/0 wide gap instead of the octopus hook, learned that from a guide on El Salto, much more effective for bigger bass.

Curt:

--- Quote from: frugalangler on December 26, 2017, 09:35:17 PM ---probably the most effective has been a 3/0 wide gap instead of the octopus hook, learned that from a guide on El Salto, much more effective for bigger bass.

--- End quote ---

That's the kind of outside the box thinking that proves there is really no single "right way" to fish a particular bait, or even use a particular method.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version