Bass Boat Forums (by boat brand) > Ranger Bass Boats Forums

Picked myself up a classic - now the fun begin!

(1/17) > >>

pprice01:
Hi Everyone,

I just picked up my first Ranger!  A 1992 392v with a 200HP Mercury XRI 2.5L OB.

I noticed that there is a switch on the dash to select from either the port or starboard tanks as well as a selector ‘dial’? On the front face of the Bench seat base.

Am I right In guessing that the dash switch is only to set the gauge to read from one tank or the other to show the fill level and the ‘dial’ is to actually select which tank to feed the motor from?

They don’t have anything to do with each other, do they?  Meaning if the dial is set to port and the switch to starboard it won’t mean anything other than the motor is drawing from the port tank while I’m watching the level on the starboard tank, right?

I’m sure I will have many many questions to come, but I just want to make sure on this for now.

Thanks,

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nightmare:
I don't have a Ranger but that's the size of it right there. Be nice if they just had the single switch to flip the gauge senders AND electronic valve like used to be on p/u trucks with dual tanks. Don't know anybody ever did that with boats - don't know why not.  (shrug)

Welcome aboard, by the way!  o/

Curt:
@pprice01 Welcome aboard, Paul!

Congrats on the "new" boat. Sounds like a great little project, learning about what it offers and how to use it all  :nod:

Be sure to post some pics for us to see! You can upload them and host them on www.bassfishingphotos.com. It's free, and unlike Photo Bucket, it allows third party linking to your pics  :thumbup:

pprice01:
Thanks everyone.  I will try to add photos from Tapatalk. 

Every switch, gauge, and graph (paper-based!) all still work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JackJ:
One of my friends used to have one like that.  Lots of good memories, and that bench seat came in handy taking naps in all night tournaments.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version