Bass Fishing Forums > General Bass Fishing Talk

Posted Another Tackle Review!

(1/3) > >>

Curt:
I finished up another tackle review last night!

I wrote a review on one of the KastKing baitcasting reels I bought a little over a year ago.

You can check it out here: http://www.tackletest.com/kastking-royale-legend-baitcasting-reel-review

JackJ:
Curt,

You still liking this reel?  How did it hold up this year?

Curt:
@JackJ The reel is still holding up well. I didn't use it as much the last half of this season as I did the first half, mainly because I bought a handful of other reels that I liked better., namely the Abu Garcia Revo4 X and the KastKing Stealth.

As far as KastKing reels go, I really, really like the Stealth. https://www.tackletest.com/kastking-stealth-baitcasting-reel-review/

My main gripe with the Royale Legend is the braking system. It works, but was a bit quirky on the older model that I have. The Stealth is reported to use the same braking system as the Royale Legend, but it seems to me that the Stealth is much more refined. So my guess is that they revamped the braking system to work out the kinks.

Anyway, for $39.99, the Royale Legend is a great buy, especially if they have updated the braking system.

For $17 more, the Stealth is a sweet reel that weighs just under 6 ounces and is fast becoming one of my favorites.

JackJ:
I just bought one of the low cost reels from Piscifun just to try out. 
It is the Phantom model.   Got it for $54 from Amazon.

I was thinking seriously about cancelling the order and going with the KastKing, but I think I will let it come on in and see how it feels and performs.

Then at least I could give a review on another low cost reel.

I am normally a Daiwa mid-range reel fan, like the Tatula CT or SV, but I want to see how some of these lower cost ones really perform since you can buy two or three for what I normally pay.

Curt:
I have also been looking at the Piscifun reels recently, but noticed that they have way less bearings than the KastKing reels for the same price, so I have held off on buying one.

I also still have a brand new Revo4 X sitting in the box that I haven't put to use yet. So before I buy anymore new reels, I need to make sure I'm using the ones I already have  (giggle)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version