Bass Boat Mods > Custom Lighting

Livewell Lights

<< < (2/3) > >>

Curt:
Hearing you guys talk about how good it is just makes me look forward even more to getting mine installed!

Curt:
I got my livewell lights in the mail, along with the switches that I ordered. I will be getting them installed sometime during the next two weeks, so they will be working before my first night tourney in mid June.

I will get pics of the install and the finished job and post them here.

Curt:
During the past week or two, while I had my boat in various stages of disassembly for the transducer installation and the LED lights installation, I did some poking around to see what kind of work will be involved to install the two livewell lights.

I can't get direct access to the sides of the livewells, but I can get indirect access by way of removing the two rear deck storage units and then cutting a hole in an aluminum plate inside of each of those two areas.

Once I cut through those two panels, I can then drill/cut the proper size holes in the livewells themselves and mount the lights.

Then it'll be a matter of mounting and wiring the switches.

Because I have two individual livewells, I will be installing two lights on two separate switches.

I will get pics of the process and post them here when I'm done. This will probably take place sometime in the next two weeks or so, in order to have them installed and working prior to my first night tourney in June.  :nod:

Curt:
I finished up the livewell light installation tonight!

I ended up doing just one switch for both livewells. Doing two switches just seemed like overkill, so I squished my OCD and did just one  (giggle)

Here's where I mounted the switch.

And here are the lights.

Port Livewell

Starboard Livewell

It was a lot of work fishing the wires through the hull and figuring out the best way to connect everything. But I have no doubt at all that it will be well worth it.  :thumbup:

JackJ:
Nice!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version