BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 170
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Still Catching Them at Night!  (Read 9395 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Still Catching Them at Night!
« on: October 08, 2018, 08:13:44 PM »
I hit one of my favorite RI lakes this weekend. My buddy and I fished from shortly after 5 PM until about 12:15 AM!

We boated 20 bass between us, with all of them being keepers.

I had this one that weighed 5.20 lbs. ANd also had another over 4 lbs One over 3 lbs. and a handful of other nice fish.

Did I ever mention that I love night fishing??  (giggle)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Still Catching Them at Night!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 07:36:06 AM »
Sounds like a great night.  I'm so jealous.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 11:07:52 AM »
Sounds like a great night.  I'm so jealous.

@Jig Man If you ever get to RI, be sure to look me up! I'd love to take you out to catch some New England bass  :nod:

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 04:39:59 PM »
I too would enjoy that.  I have only been there once in the fall to see foliage.  I'll keep your offer in mind if I ever make it that far east again.  Thanks.

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 9-3
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 09:03:28 AM »
Good job Curt!

Our night tournaments ended a few weeks ago, so I haven't been out at night in a while.   I'm just ready for the water temp to start dropping some so they will start feeding again.  It's still in the mid 80's.
We are supposed to be down in the 70's starting tomorrow for a little while, so hopefully that will drop it some.
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 04:25:26 PM »
Jack we are fixing to drop.  Today is 20° colder than yesterday and tomorrow the high is supposed to be in the 40s.  We are looking at mid 30s for night time temps and I just happen to have a fishing vacation which starts Sunday right in the middle of the cold rain.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 06:55:36 PM »
I fished again last night, from 4:30 PM until about 9:30 PM. No giants, but some good action before dark. There was a bit of a lull when it got dark, but it picked back up again after a while.

Water temp was 70 when I left. Today was 73 and cloudy, so I'm sure the water stayed warm. But tomorrow is supposed to drop into the 60s and then next week we're looking at high temps in the 50s and 60s every day. So I think it's safe to say that last night's trip was probably it for night fishing for me until next season  :crying: :crying:

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 10:18:49 AM »
Dark and rainy here today!

Temp at 7:30 AM was 59. As fo r9:30, it had already dropped to 57. Supposed to drop even more during the next 12 hours  :thumbdown:

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 10:48:48 AM »
It was 50 when I left for work this morning, so if this continues the water temps will drop quickly.
My Dad fished yesterday at a location on our river about an hour and half away which is one of my favorites and caught right at 50, so needless to say I am going there tomorrow.
This place has a 14" min limit and you catch a ton 13-3/4" which are still a lot of fun to catch.  I don't keep them anyway so going to just hopefully catch numbers.
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 07:02:27 AM »
Good luck to you Jack.  It is 45° here this morning and only going to get into the 50s.  We are looking for lows in the 30s with rain tonight, Sunday and Monday am.  I'm going to try to get to the lake and set up before the rain starts.  Then I will just wait and see if I want to fish in a cold rain or stay in a warm camper for a day and let the system pass.  Either way I will be there 12 to 13 days and should get in plenty of fishing before I have to come home and get my hands worked on.

Take care guys.  I'll be back on in a couple of weeks.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 08:14:12 PM »
Jack, let us know how it goes if you go there!

Jig Man, I hope the trip goes well amd you enjoy the time away  :nod:

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 02:22:45 PM »
We managed to catch 25 all around 14" or so give or take a inch.   Not what I had hoped for but still a lot of fun.

The place is a steam plant exit, but they were not moving any water which made them not bite as well.

I attached a snippet of what the area looked like.  Didn't have to move out of the red area I marked the entire day, so saved some gas :)
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 06:54:42 PM »
Not a bad day, even if the bigger bass didn't bite  (nope)

We used to have a place like that on the Connecticut river. It was a hot water discharge for a Nuke power plant. I remember going there one time when the main river was in the 40s. The channel coming out of the plant was in the 60s. Unfortunately there was a lot of current and not many places for the bass to hide, but we did manage to catch a few.

Offline bullet20dc

• Smallmouth Bass
  • politically correct impaired
  • Referrals: 2
    • hvbm.org
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2018, 06:21:22 PM »
Dam I used to love night fishing but something happened.  I got freekin Old  now my body says  HEY its 8:00 get to sleepin.   
Ranger Z521C w 250 SHO

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2018, 07:14:47 PM »
I hear ya when it comes to the early bedtime thing. During the winter months I don't stay up nearly as late as I used to. BUt when summer rolls around, I'm out there at night every chance I can get.

I even bought my wife a little one person tent to put on the back deck so she can stay out with me long after it gets dark  (giggle)

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal