Bass Boat Forums (by boat brand) > Nitro Bass Boats Forums

too many thing a mabobs

(1/2) > >>

Jig Man:
I have 3 Lowrance Hds units, power poles, NMEA network, Point 1 heading sensor, Bluetooth electronic compass for my trolling motor and the drain from my power switch.  My battery has run down 2 times this fall.  Interstate replaced the dual purpose Optima battery that I had.  That did not fix it.

I went back and they said no go on another replacement so I bought the biggest badest AGM that they have.  Even it gets pulled down to where the chart plotters flash every time I start the motor after fishing for a while.

Since I have a perfectly good blue top Optima, I am going to pull everything off the cranking battery except the power poles and the outboard and put them on the Optima.  I have found room for the 5th battery.

Curt:

--- Quote ---I have found room for the 5th battery.
--- End quote ---
  :surprised: :surprised:

That's crazy!

Hard to believe you have enough gadgets to drain a battery. As far as Interstate batteries go, I have no confidence in that whatsoever, so that's not a surprise.

Let us know how the 5th battery works out for you!  :nod:

JackJ:
I'm not surprised on the Interstate either.   I have had bad luck with them.

I'm really surprised though that it pulls down the new AGM.   You wouldn't think that would be enough to do so.

You are getting full charges right?  Just thinking it could be your charger.

Curt:

--- Quote ---I'm really surprised though that it pulls down the new AGM.
--- End quote ---

I'm pretty surprised too. AGM batteries are usually pretty tough to drain down, especially with accessories like fish finders and power poles.

Jig Man:
I pulled the Optima off my boat at the lake and took it to the shop and had it tested.  It was full charge and strong.  It is a mystery to me but I hope the 5 th battery does the trick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version