Bass Fishing Forums > Fishing Line

Power Pro Braid Bleeding

(1/2) > >>

Curt:
I bought some 65 lb. Power Pro braid to try for the first time. I spooled it onto the rod that I use for fishing bladed jigs. I figured it would make it easier to rip the jig through weeds using braid.

I tried it out today and ended up putting that rod away after about 90 minutes or less. The dye was bleeding so badly that both hands were turning green. I even had to use a damp towel to get a drop of the green dye out of my tan carpet.

I'm not impressed with their dying process. Let's see if the line itself fares any better over time.

Jig Man:
I've never used the green.  I use hi vis yellow and white.  I've been using it for close to 20 years and love it.  I have it from 8 to 50 # spooled up on at least 6 maybe even 10 setups.
The yellow will fade over time but I've never had it do like your green has done.

Eric Low:
Great that you are fishing!

All my Florida rods are spooled with 65lb green power pro......never had that issue.

I did use braid on my Carolina rig rod once. Hold the line between my thumb and forefinger; set the hook. Blood......nearly cut my finger off!

Should be on Okeechobee this Saturday. Bringing the boat home. First tournament of the year out of Clewiston on the 6th. Water is low. Hopefully I will still have a skeg by then.

Ice out is a ways off here in Maine.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Curt:
Thanks guys. I'm going to contact the manufacturer and get their feedback on this.

Oh, and I think I will drop from 65 lb. to 50 lb. for this particular application.

More to come...

Curt:
I did some double checking this morning and realized that this line is not Power Pro. It is KastKing. I will be touching base with them today.  :nod:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version