BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 186
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Power Pro Braid Bleeding  (Read 7733 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Power Pro Braid Bleeding
« on: March 25, 2019, 04:30:05 PM »
I bought some 65 lb. Power Pro braid to try for the first time. I spooled it onto the rod that I use for fishing bladed jigs. I figured it would make it easier to rip the jig through weeds using braid.

I tried it out today and ended up putting that rod away after about 90 minutes or less. The dye was bleeding so badly that both hands were turning green. I even had to use a damp towel to get a drop of the green dye out of my tan carpet.

I'm not impressed with their dying process. Let's see if the line itself fares any better over time.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 04:37:33 PM by Curt »

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Power Pro Braid Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 06:00:49 PM »
I've never used the green.  I use hi vis yellow and white.  I've been using it for close to 20 years and love it.  I have it from 8 to 50 # spooled up on at least 6 maybe even 10 setups.
The yellow will fade over time but I've never had it do like your green has done.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Eric Low

• Smallmouth Bass
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 07:50:24 PM »
Great that you are fishing!

All my Florida rods are spooled with 65lb green power pro......never had that issue.

I did use braid on my Carolina rig rod once. Hold the line between my thumb and forefinger; set the hook. Blood......nearly cut my finger off!

Should be on Okeechobee this Saturday. Bringing the boat home. First tournament of the year out of Clewiston on the 6th. Water is low. Hopefully I will still have a skeg by then.

Ice out is a ways off here in Maine.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 10:12:26 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm going to contact the manufacturer and get their feedback on this.

Oh, and I think I will drop from 65 lb. to 50 lb. for this particular application.

More to come...

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 10:24:07 AM »
I did some double checking this morning and realized that this line is not Power Pro. It is KastKing. I will be touching base with them today.  :nod:

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 9-3
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 02:59:38 PM »
That sucks. 
I was going to say I never had Power Pro do that.

I use the Daiwa J-Braid mostly now,or Sufix 832.    I rarely use braid at all anymore except on my swim jigs.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 03:02:03 PM by JackJ »
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 03:31:28 PM »
I rarely use braid at all anymore except on my swim jigs.

I only have braid on one other rod. A spinning rod that I use for shaky head fishing.

I contacted customer service. They are refunding my money. Gonna try something different this time.

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 09:13:18 AM »
Well I for one am glad that it wasn't Power Pro.  It has been a staple for me for a long time.  When I fish deep (30-70') vertically, I can only feel the bite with braid.  All braid that I have ever used will eventually fade to white so I just switched to white and if I think I need to color the end that is what sharpies were made for.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 09:59:30 AM »
All braid that I have ever used will eventually fade to white

This is true. It's all dyed. Apparently some dye works better than others.

I recall many years ago reading where some pros were buying it white or grey and then coloring random marks on their line with sharpie markers, just to break up the white and camouflage it a bit.

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal