BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 181
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Mounting the New Helix  (Read 10972 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Mounting the New Helix
« on: December 20, 2019, 05:33:43 PM »
My new Helix will be mounted at the bow of my boat. My only real question now is where to mount it, and what kind of mount to use.

I'm leaning toward a Deck-It style mount, that allows me to mount it in front of the recessed TM pedal well, so it's in the center of the bow, not to one side like it always has been.

So, right now I'm asking for people's opinions when it comes to what bracket you prefer and why.

Thanks!

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Mounting the New Helix
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 06:44:57 PM »
I had a company called poly fab build me a bridge that fits oner the front of the recessed well.  I also have a deck it on the bow in front of the bridge.  I really like both.  I used to have ram mounts.  I am glad they are gone.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 01:34:41 PM »
@Jig Man Do you have any pics of your setup? I always like seeing how people set their stuff up!  :nod:

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Eric Low

• Smallmouth Bass
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 06:46:26 PM »
Not the best picture but one of my favorites. Highly recomend this style Of mount. Ball and socket ram style moves a lot in rough water. Its nice that its taller and adjustable (nice in the sun, eyes over 50). So if your not in rough water there is a place for the adjustable Ram mount. I have recessed mount currently.....my least favorite.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 07:32:32 PM »
Here you go

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 08:10:07 PM »
Not the best picture but one of my favorites. Highly recomend this style Of mount. 

Great pic! All you need, Eric, is a pair of Avenger flip flops and your foot would fit right in  (giggle)

Anyway, what brand mount is that? I'm trying to get feedback on the various brands that are available, to see if there is any significant differences in them. Thanks!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 08:13:19 PM »
Here you go

@Jig Man  Thanks! That's quite the setup!!

Offline Eric Low

• Smallmouth Bass
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2019, 10:59:09 AM »
Not the best picture but one of my favorites. Highly recomend this style Of mount. 

Great pic! All you need, Eric, is a pair of Avenger flip flops and your foot would fit right in  (giggle)

Anyway, what brand mount is that? I'm trying to get feedback on the various brands that are available, to see if there is any significant differences in them. Thanks!
Mine was first generation basic one piece powder coated steel. Worked fine with my 9" graph with stock bracket.  Lots more choices and opportunities to spend money now.

Recessed pedals are relatively new and it took a while for someone to think of using that space. Now they are going nuts with mounts and graphs up front and on the console

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2019, 11:01:48 AM »
Thanks Eric!

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2019, 06:53:03 PM »
If you haven’t looked at their stuff google Precision Sonar.  They have some good stuff.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2019, 09:14:10 PM »
Thanks Jig Man. I was at their website a few days ago. Their stuff looks really good. The prices of all these mounts are a bit steep  :surprised:

Offline Nightmare

• Smallmouth Bass
  • My Biggest Bass: LM 7 lb 5 oz (so far), Guntersville
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2019, 09:49:52 PM »
...... The prices of all these mounts are a bit steep......

I think some of that comes from customers that have no mechanical thinking or fabrication skills. When ya got no way of doing for yourself, you're at the mercy of what the market bears.  (yes) (shrug)

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2019, 07:30:12 AM »
...... The prices of all these mounts are a bit steep......

I think some of that comes from customers that have no mechanical thinking or fabrication skills. When ya got no way of doing for yourself, you're at the mercy of what the market bears.  (yes) (shrug)

You got me.  That fits me to a T.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2019, 08:59:00 PM »

Exactly. Not every boat owner has the tools to fabricate items like this, and even less have the skills to do so. Price is driven by demand and the willingness of consumers to pay the price that's being asked. Sales equals high prices. Lack of sales equals lower prices. It is what it is!  (shrug)

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal