BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 177
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Transducer Protector  (Read 17631 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: Transducer Protector
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2020, 03:08:08 PM »
I loved the 200 E7 overall. But they all had one nagging problem that I got so sick of that I sold them all.

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2020, 05:52:35 PM »
Wow what problem?  They are my go to reels for power fishing.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2020, 10:06:43 AM »
Wow what problem?  They are my go to reels for power fishing.

@Jig Man Every time it would rain more than just a light rain or a quick shower, this is how they would behave. I spent way too much time picking out backlashes or swappping out reels because of this. I got so tired of it, I got rid of them.

The funny part is that they behaved perfectly otherwise. But not when it rained  (nope)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
    • Alabama Fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 9-3
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2020, 05:24:34 PM »
I am a Daiwa guy now and nearly all my new reels are Daiwa, but my green Curado D's are still going strong and I never have a problem with them.  They do have upgraded bearings though.
I would say I have 40% Daiwa, 30% Lews, 30% Shimano, and I have one Piscifun that I let people use when they need to borrow a rod.
The one Abu Revo STX I had I sold it within a month.  Just didn't like it.

We have gotten off topic, but I like talking reels. (yes)
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2020, 10:55:56 AM »
Yep I wouldn’t put up with that either.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2020, 05:04:00 PM »
Well, I discovered some good info today!

I was about to order the transducer protector for my new Helix transducer, but decided to make a quick phone call to the company first, to make sure I was ordering the right product.

As it turned out, the product they had initially pointed me to was the wrong one! So they showed me the right one, which is actually a newly developed product. And thankful this new one was under $100! So that one phone call saved me headaches and money, all in one  :nod:

So, I have ordered my new transducer protector and it should be here by the weekend  :thumbup:

I will post pics when it arrives.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 11:58:38 AM by Curt »

Offline bullet20dc

• Smallmouth Bass
  • politically correct impaired
  • Referrals: 2
    • hvbm.org
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2020, 05:33:50 PM »
i have this one you can have if you havent bought one yet
held on with 4 inch spiral clamps I think I had it on my 80 lb minn kota back when i didnt have the internal one on the ultrex
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 05:36:16 PM by bullet20dc »
Ranger Z521C w 250 SHO

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2020, 01:44:38 PM »
held on with 4 inch spiral clamps I think I had it on my 80 lb minn kota back when i didnt have the internal one on the ultrex

@bullet20dc Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it. I actually pulled the trigger and bought one that's made specifically for my transducer. I bought it from this company: https://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/

They seem like a great company with excellent customer service, based on the phone call I made to them and their interaction with me.

This is the specific unit I bought: https://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/product/tm-xtm-75-150-t-to-fit-humminbird-xtm-9-hw-mdi-75-t-or-xtm-9-hw-msi-150-t-transducer/

I will be doing the install sometime in the next week or so and getting lots of pics of the process.

I'm also working on my own idea for protecting the transducer cable where it comes up the side of the motor, between the transducer and the bottom of the shaft.

My current transducer cable had nicks in the outer sheathing that I believe may have led to it behaving erratically in light of the fact that those nicks cut through the inner sheathing enough for me to be able to see some silver in there.

Here's a pic of a nicked cable that's not mine. This nick doesn't show any metal inside, but it's pretty close. If you can't see the nick very well, just click the image to be able to view the full-sized pic where it will be more visible.

Anyway, I'm working on some ideas to come up with a way to prevent that from happening to me again, since I fish in lakes with a lot of rocks. All it takes is one good brush against the side of a boulder to nick that out sheathing and destroy the cable, while the transducer sits protected below.

More to come...

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2020, 10:48:47 AM »

@bullet20dc Thank you for the offer on the transducer protector. I don't think I will need it at this time, though. I may change my mind and will let you know if I do  :nod:

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal