BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 188
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Ordered a Talon!  (Read 6518 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Ordered a Talon!
« on: July 06, 2020, 08:54:36 PM »
Well, after saving my pennies for a while, I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered a Minn Kota Talon for my boat!

I ordered an 8 footer, wince I don't fish much water that's really deep. Most of the lakes I fish are 12 feet or less, with the vast majority of them being 6 feet or less.

I don't know yet when it will ship, since it wasn't in stock, but I am told it will be shipped within 7-10 days. We will see about that.

I also need to order the mounting bracket to bolt to the side of my jackplate. I will do the install myself, with the help of a friend of mine.

I can't wait to finally have a shallow water anchor!

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Ordered a Talon!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 07:24:24 AM »
I hope it works out for you Curt.  I had power poles for a while.  I mostly fish too deep for them to be beneficial so I sold mine and went to spot lock.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 11:12:09 AM »
@Jig Man The fact that I fish a lot of shallow water is exactly the reason I opted for the Talon.

I also have to go under low bridges and other similar things occasionally, which is another reason I opted for the talon. The 8 ft. model is low enough that it doesn't stick up above the outboard, so if the outboard will clear, so will the talon  :nod:

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline JackJ

• Largemouth Bass
  • Referrals: 0
    • Alabama Fishing
  • My Biggest Bass: 9-3
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 09:36:46 AM »
Nice.  I am like JM, I don't fish anywhere often that they would touch the bottom.

I got an opportunity the other day to use a Ultrex with the spot lock and it was for sure sweet. (Even though I lowered the TM and it severed both transducer cable and Ipilot cable, which seems to be a common problem.  Talk about feeling terrible, but they fixed it under warranty apparently, or either he was just telling me that so I would not worry)
2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
Mercury 175 Pro XS

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 10:42:26 AM »
I may also eventually get a new Ultrex to compliment the Talon. But that's a ways down the road!

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal