BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 177
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Minn Kota Talon Stomp Switches  (Read 20438 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Minn Kota Talon Stomp Switches
« on: April 24, 2021, 09:00:09 PM »
I recently installed a second Minn Kota Talon to my boat, giving me a pair of them now  (yes)

I have them paired with each other via Bluetooth, as well as pairing them with two hand-held remotes.

I had been using the standard wireless remotes to operate them. One is mounted at the console. The other is/was mounted on the bow, in the recessed trolling motor tray.

I was getting tired of having to bend over to operate the bow remote, especially if I had to use it while fighting a fish.

So, I decided to get a foot switch.

After doing some homework, I decided to get the Bluetooth Stomp Switches for the Talon/Raptor, not the triangular multi-switch.

I ordered them and got them from West Marine earlier this week.

The next day, I got them installed and paired up, so they operate both Talons at once.

Wow! I can't wait to use them on the water.

A simple double stomp on the Down button deploys both Talons effortlessly. And a single stomp on the Up button retracts them both.

This is going to be a huge upgrade for me

p.s. If you look closely, you can see where I had mounted the standard handheld remote in the recessed trolling motor foot pedal tray.

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Minn Kota Talon Stomp Switches
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 07:22:16 AM »
Good idea, I hadn’t even considered one on each side.  When I had power poles mine were together.  Sometimes I would step on the wrong one.  A time ot two a rod handle would wind up on a switch and deploy them.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: Minn Kota Talon Stomp Switches
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 08:00:42 AM »
I like it with them on opposite sides of the tray. Makes it easier to hit them, since there's plenty of room for my foot.

Also, the down switch requires a firm double press to deploy it, so the chances of accidentally activating it are very, very slim.

Now, if the weather will cooperate, I will actually get a chance to get out there and use all of this new equipment 🙄

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal