Trolling Motors (by brand) > Motorguide Trolling Motors

I have a Motorguide.....

<< < (2/3) > >>

Carter:
I don't know Bullet but if he does not I would say he probably knows someone who does. I also know of a good place to go with any other boat/outboard issues and that is Barry's Marine. He is less than a mile from the entrance of Lake Barkley State Park going towards Cadiz.

Jason West:

--- Quote from: Tom G. on February 14, 2015, 11:54:21 AM ---I have a FW71 on my Javelin, and it does a great job.   It presently has the 3 blade weed prop on it, but I am thinking of getting the 2 blade for most of my fishing spots this year.  Switching them is easy.

--- End quote ---

Tom G., why are switching to a 2 blade? Just curious...

Tom G.:

--- Quote from: Jason West on February 16, 2015, 11:38:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: Tom G. on February 14, 2015, 11:54:21 AM ---I have a FW71 on my Javelin, and it does a great job.   It presently has the 3 blade weed prop on it, but I am thinking of getting the 2 blade for most of my fishing spots this year.  Switching them is easy.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

More power in open water, but not as good in weeds.  I fish offshore a bit, and power is more important there than being weedless.

Jason West:

--- Quote from: Tom G. on February 18, 2015, 08:22:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jason West on February 16, 2015, 11:38:39 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

More power in open water, but not as good in weeds.  I fish offshore a bit, and power is more important there than being weedless.
[/quot

ok that makes sense. Sounds like I should have me a 2 blade when fishing the coosa river current, and my 3 blade for fighting through the grass in Lake Guntersville. Good to know!
--- End quote ---

Jig Man:
I also run a MG.  I have a TE 82 with a 45" shaft.  I've found it has as much power as I need for pulling into the wind.  I'm on my second one.  The first one went 9 years trouble free.  I decided to treat myself to a new one and sold the old one to a guy in a nearby town who was doing a boat rebuild.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version