Bass Fishing Forums > Rods

Rods.....What is your favorite Brand???

<< < (7/7)

Curt:
The Mojo Bass rods are very nice for the money. I own one that's a medium heavy spinnerbait rod. I use it mostly for jig fishing, but I do throw some heavier spinnerbaits in it and it works well for both. That rod is actually one of my more expensive rods.  :nod:

Jig Man:
Most of my rods are of 2 brands:  Gloomis and Fenwick.  Lately I have picked up some All Pro, B and R Outlaw and some rods made on Falcon Lowrider blanks.  I like them all.  But my favs are the Gloomis.

frugalangler:
I don't have a brand affinity, I have a performance affinity! I don't care what name is on it, what color it is, and to some extent what it costs, if it does exactly what I ask of it, it's worth what ever I paid for it.

That said, I've found some brands that just don't meet my standards, but believe it or not, I've got a couple no-name discount house rods that were definitely miss-labeled for $5 each that outperform for what I ask of them a $300 stick.

Just because the MFG labels it doesn't mean it's what you can use it as, I disregard the labels and look for what it does and how it feels, not how some one wants to tell me to use it as.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version