Bass Fishing Forums > Reels

Reels.....Favorite reel brand?

(1/8) > >>

Jimmy RodandReel:
Favorite Reel brand?

And If you will please tell us why you picked this brand as your Favorite.

(hmm)

Bullet3119:
Shimano Chronarchs, quality and easy to get parts for. Did I say quality? Definitely quality. Smoothness and casting distance is great as well, but that is probably due to what you have done to them.

Curt:
Shimano, by far. I especially like the now defunct Curado 200 E7. I think Shimano did the fishing community a huge disservice by scrapping that model.

I have 3 or 4 of them and won't part with them for anything.

They are smooth and durable, and were probably one of the best reels for the $179 price tag.

My only gripe with them is that I tend to have trouble with them if I am fishing in very heavy rain. I will undoubtedly have trouble with at least one of them backlashing on me when they get really wet  (hmm)

They end up looking something like this:

That pic was taken after a major professional overrun during a club tourney. This reel got wet as I was driving to the lake and we had a deluge.

Needless to say, this reel was out of commission for the day  (ol)

On the brighter side, I went on to recover from that and a broken reel seat in one of my rods, to take second place in the tourney  :)

Jimmy RodandReel:

--- Quote from: Curt on February 10, 2015, 08:48:39 PM ---Shimano, by far. I especially like the now defunct Curado 200 E7.

--- End quote ---

I search the webz every week or so for them. I bought two of them brand NIB for 140each the other day. I now have 14 of them with 5 spares(3-E7's and 2-E5's)  ;)

Curt:
I might be begging you for one or two of them this summer  (giggle)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version