Bass Boat Mods > Jackplates

Hyd Jackplates..........

<< < (2/5) > >>

Bullet3119:
 o/

Curt:
First off, I don't have a jackplate on my boat (yet), but my guess is that 10 inches was too much for you boat.

@Coop and @Matt@Fractures could probably give you some sound advice with regard to the size you need. I have an 18 foot G3 with a 150 and I was told 6 inches would be sufficient.

As for the hydraulic aspects of it, I think "give it gas and go" advice is probably spot on. Start with it low and then gradually work your way up. As @Eric Low said, you'll eventually find your sweet spot. And that sweet spot will vary with conditions  ;)

Matt@Fractures:
Ok trim motor down till the cavitation plate on the motor is level with the ground. Take a straight??edge??level? And make the bottom of the V in the pad.. Very bottom point of boat level with the center of the prop shaft.. Usually that's where I start.? Might not be right? And if you have a WP gauge.. Trimmed up wide open you should be 12-15 WP.. If you have prop slip.. Adjust prop pitch.  And some cases yeah could be set back to far.? If boat never had one... But my rule of thumb... There's No such thing.!! More!!! Look at underside of cavitation plate.. If not one ya might need.. It's a small tab? Fin? Rutter? You can adjust that as well left or right for torque steer. And help high speed stability..??  Leave it on and figure it out.. It's Worth the effort.!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy RodandReel:

--- Quote from: Matt@Fractures on February 13, 2015, 06:20:18 PM ---Ok trim motor down till the cavitation plate on the motor is level with the ground. Take a straight??edge??level? And make the bottom of the V in the pad.. Very bottom point of boat level with the center of the prop shaft..

--- End quote ---

So you saying I should set my prop shaft height  to the same height as my pad?   That would make it 0(zero) engine height correct?   And that would be a good place to start?
Is that what your saying?  (hmm)

Matt@Fractures:

--- Quote from: Jimmy RodandReel on February 13, 2015, 07:13:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Matt@Fractures on February 13, 2015, 06:20:18 PM ---Ok trim motor down till the cavitation plate on the motor is level with the ground. Take a straight??edge??level? And make the bottom of the V in the pad.. Very bottom point of boat level with the center of the prop shaft..

--- End quote ---

So you saying I should set my prop shaft height  to the same height as my pad?   That would make it 0(zero) engine height correct?   And that would be a good place to start?
Is that what your saying?  (hmm)

--- End quote ---
.  Yes.. 1/4 inch adjust from there.. Up or down depending on WP..  Lower than 12 @ full trim WOT. Adjust down...... WP.. Above 15.. Adjust up.. 1/4 inch @ a run.. That sweet spot might be as little as 1/8 adjust.. So Small adjust run it.. Small adjust run it.. Don't make large adjustments.. Small..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version