BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 182
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Hydrasports 1st post  (Read 19324 times)

Offline n2ratfishin

• Smallmouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Hydrasports 1st post
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2015, 10:05:45 PM »
HydraSports has gone through several owners.  Only the saltwater boats left these days.

Offline rcecarbldr

• Guppy
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 08:20:40 AM »
Looks good RC!  Shoot, throw a couple of transom retractable tie downs on it and let'er rip!

Btw, it appears there is something wrapped up on the rear trailer roller underneath the 'rude if you havent addressed that already.
That's carpet from the middle bunks that's hanging off the back of them. I took this picture the day I picked it up. The trailer is completely redone now other than paint.

Offline rcecarbldr

• Guppy
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 08:21:24 AM »
HydraSports has gone through several owners.  Only the saltwater boats left these days.
Ya, they're made in south Florida now I believe.  Nice offshore boats though.

Offline rcecarbldr

• Guppy
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 06:24:17 PM »
Well I did some more upgrades to my boat today.  Added an on board 3 bank battery charger, a new to me fishfinder/GPS unit that matched the existing transducer on the boat. Replaced the pointer on the old Evinrude trolling motor.  Thanks to a guy (1Stratos) who posts on the BBC forum, he hooked me up with the pointer. I cut out and epoxied in a piece of Lexan for the cover on top of the pointer. And then put a 12 volt/USB outlet on it since everything seems to run off USB these days. More as time and money allows.  LOL

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2015, 12:14:35 PM »
Great job!!

Can you tell me where you got the 12 volt power outlet with the USB port in it, and how much it cost? Would be a great way to charge a cell phone if it happens to die or get too low.

I'd love to add that to my boat at some point, when the budget allows  ;D

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline rcecarbldr

• Guppy

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2015, 10:21:18 AM »
Awesome. Thanks!!  (y)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline chico1

• Guppy
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2015, 06:10:05 PM »
I have a 94 hydra-sport LS 175. Good boat. The big 150 is popped but all that lakes close to me are trolling only. I'm just learning so don't really need big motor

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2015, 06:36:40 PM »
@rcecarbldr How's the project coming along these days??

I'd love to see some updated pics   (yes)

Offline rcecarbldr

• Guppy
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2015, 08:50:21 PM »
Well, lets see. I've added a jackplate, hydraulic steering and so far that's about it. It's easy to get crazy and over spend so I had to take it easy.  I had a bog issue with the outboard when I would try to accelerate after running it and then letting it sit for an hour or so while I fished so I had a friend who's a retired outboard mechanic go thru the carbs and just give the motor a good checkup.  The bog is gone now and with the jackplate on and the prop to pad at 3.5" it's running at 60mph WOT. That same friend hooked me up with the hydraulic steering kit. He had the cylinder, helm and hoses. I just needed to get the support rod and support arms which I got off Ebay.  The steering is so much easier now. This winter when we get some of our coldest spells I plan on doing the carpet, restoring the top cap and new gauges.  I'm also going to install a Hot Foot and steering wheel mounted trim lever.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2015, 09:48:36 PM »
Glad to read the updates!

I added a jackplate to my boat this summer too. Haven't spent a lot of time dialing it in yet, but it did seem to make some difference in performance.

And you're right about the hydraulic steering. It's like driving a whole different boat.  :nod:

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal