BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 172
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Coleman Crawdad aka "Titanic"...  (Read 8480 times)

Offline RedAllison

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Referrals: 0
  • My Biggest Bass: 9#13oz. Mar/04, MS. Jig&pig
Coleman Crawdad aka "Titanic"...
« on: February 21, 2015, 04:41:21 PM »
LOL this lil ol floater has been alot of fun! My bro Neal Edwards (GotMyAlly) lives on a lake in MS and one day this boat "floated up" by his dock. (it was swamped, overturned and only the bow was barely sticking up out of the water). So he fished it out and then not long after that he gave it to me to put on my riverbottom farm that has ALOT of water on it. (One side reads in faint white paint "Titanic"  (giggle) ) I put a 55# MinnKota on it and use it every now and then for quick fishin trips when I only have an hour or two and I mainly use it during hunting season when I go to different deer stands that are near my lake. "Sneak/silent mode" I call it! (yes) Are these boats still built? If not they sure need to. I have an old "waterscamp" bassboat that I used pondhopin many years ago and it's not nearly as roomy or easy to get around as the Crawdad. The C-dad doesn't weigh

Pic 1 A few years ago when my youngest son & I were turkey hunting and used the boat to move in and out of areas around my lake.

Pic 2 In my lake, headed for a nearby deerstand.

Pic 3 The lil crawdad in the back of "Ol Blue" (My 1980 K10 farm truck) back a few years ago one spring when Jeffro Brazil (TheCashewKid) and I were goin around fishin different spots that were flooded during highwater.

Pic 4 Jeffro "walkin the C-dad" down a flooded farm road.
AllisonOwners.net

Offline Tom G.

• Minnow
  • It is what it is
  • My Biggest Bass: 9.6 LM 5.0 SM
Re: Coleman Crawdad aka "Titanic"...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 04:55:19 PM »
Red, I wish they were.  I fished for a while out of one, and for its size, it was one stable platform.  Put a 5 hp on it and you could really scoot.  We had a Ted Williams foot control troller on it, and it was a great small water boat.  I saw one for sale last fall, but I was too late in getting to it.  I really need to find one for some of the small lakes up here.

From what I read, the plastic does break down after a while, so you need to be proactive in upkeep.  Other than that, they are great.  iboats has 1991 as the final year of manufacture.

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 11:59:06 PM »
I have one also. Picked it up barely used about 16 years ago for $250.

Incredibly stable for the size!

I use mine once or twice a year, on average, for fishing the mudholes where I can't get my G3 in. Can't beat some of those honey holes for landing some hawgs  (nope)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline Treeman12

• Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
    • Private Forest Management in PA, WV, OH, and MD
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 5 1/2, SMB 6, Musky 56 1/2 inches
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 08:13:52 AM »
That is a nice looking setup!  I could use that for the little ditches and ponds around here.

(y) (yes)
Semi retired forester, USAF Veteran
2010 Nitro Z7, 150 Opti, 6" CMC Jackplate, Talons, LEDs
....."throw 'em all back and catch them again tomorrow!"

Offline bpenrod

• Minnow
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 01:39:11 PM »
Red, I wish they were.  I fished for a while out of one, and for its size, it was one stable platform.  Put a 5 hp on it and you could really scoot.  We had a Ted Williams foot control troller on it, and it was a great small water boat.  I saw one for sale last fall, but I was too late in getting to it.  I really need to find one for some of the small lakes up here.

From what I read, the plastic does break down after a while, so you need to be proactive in upkeep.  Other than that, they are great.  iboats has 1991 as the final year of manufacture.
I missed two crawdads last year Tom, a day late also. I want one myself, perfect creek boat. I can always seem to find em' but they're 3 or 4 states away!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:45:52 PM by bpenrod »

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal