BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 190
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Some of My Work (Just for fun) - Pic Heavy  (Read 7905 times)

Jake Grey

Some of My Work (Just for fun) - Pic Heavy
« on: February 21, 2015, 04:43:05 PM »
I fiddle around in the winter with some stuff for myself and Judy.  Here's a few pics of the stuff that didn't end up in the dumpster:

Replaced broken reel seat and handle on my old favorite Fenwick:

Built the rod making/threading jig that I use with all parts from Lowe's:

I made myself a little finesse spinning rod on a green blank with a Jamaican coin in the butt cap that I got while visiting my daughter who was living there at the time:

Made Judy a Pink Lady spinning rod with "holographic" guides that turned out to be her favorite rod until I made the mistake of buying her a GLoomis SJR 722 IMX for her birthday last year:

It passes the time during these Ohio winters.

Jake

Jimmy RodandReel

Re: Some of My Work (Just for fun) - Pic Heavy
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 04:49:40 PM »
 (y)  (y)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 11:55:38 PM »
Really like that coin in the butt of that one rod. Very unique  (y)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Jake Grey

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 10:01:16 AM »
Really like that coin in the butt of that one rod. Very unique  (y)

Thanks Curt.  There are a couple funny stories behind that coin.  My daughter was living in Kingston, Jamaica doing research and attending the University of the West Indies as a Fulbright Scholar under their Ministry of Agriculture (sorry, had to throw in that proud pops moment) back in 2003.  I wanted an uncirculated Jamaican coin about the size of our penny to use as a butt decoration so I went to a bank to do a currency exchange.  That was a whole howdy-ya-do finding uncirculate coins and the minimum exchange was something like $50 US so now I'm walking around Kingston, Jamaica with about $500 Jamaican cash in my pocket which if you've ever been to Kingston is not too smart.

But I have my shiny coin, dated 2003.  It is their 10 cent piece which is roughly the equivalent of our penny in value.  Anyhow after I mount the coin I want to cover it with epoxy.  Getting it level was the challenge so I'm in our basement on a step ladder devising a way to hang the rod from the ceiling, tip down, and I pour the epoxy on the coin and it self levels.  Two coats and it is still as shiny today as back in 2003 when I bought it!   :)

Jake

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 12:40:30 PM »
Cool story @Jake Grey  ;D ;D

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal