Fishing Reports & Tournament Listings by State > Missouri Fishing Reports & Tournament Listings

Now is the time

(1/3) > >>

Wizard:
February and early March are historically when the largest bass in the state are caught. Lake of the
Ozarks has large shad schools form off some of the major points. They formed in December and will stay together until mid March. The schools are huge and the big bass move to them to feed over the winter. The big bass are lazy and underneath the shad, waiting for injured or stunned shad to fall to them. Vertical jigging works best for these bass. I jig large 8-10 inch grubs and 3/4 oz. jigging spoons. The grubs are rigged on 1/2 oz. ball head jigs with a long shank 6 or 7 (0) hook.

ranger361v:
Cool thanks
Have you caught any yet?

Curt:

--- Quote from: Wizard on February 23, 2015, 07:11:41 PM ---February and early March are historically when the largest bass in the state are caught. Lake of the
Ozarks has large shad schools form off some of the major points. They formed in December and will stay together until mid March. The schools are huge and the big bass move to them to feed over the winter. The big bass are lazy and underneath the shad, waiting for injured or stunned shad to fall to them. Vertical jigging works best for these bass. I jig large 8-10 inch grubs and 3/4 oz. jigging spoons. The grubs are rigged on 1/2 oz. ball head jigs with a long shank 6 or 7 (0) hook.

--- End quote ---

@Wizard  Be sure to show us some pics!!

dchance:
Wizard as you know I would love to learn this pattern on LOZ

Wizard:
Coach, I'll be fishing from the docks pretty soon. You can stop by and I'll fix you up with some large grubs and heads. It will be awhile before I'm on the water. I will backseat at the beginning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version