Trolling Motors (by brand) > Minn Kota Trolling Motors

Pull cord broke

(1/4) > >>

JackJ:
Pull cord broke last Sat.  What would be the best thing to replace it with?  Wire cable?  Or just another rope?

n2ratfishin:
Mule tape, I got some from a contractor and used my old handle.  Free and there is no way it's breaking by pulling up a trolling motor.  Tape up the exposed part because you don't want a hook stuck in it. 

Contractors normally throw it away once they have pulled what ever they are pulling through with it. 

Bullet3119:
I have that g man trolling motor handle and cable. Love it.

pondhopper424:

--- Quote from: n2ratfishin on March 02, 2015, 02:16:56 PM ---Mule tape, I got some from a contractor and used my old handle.  Free and there is no way it's breaking by pulling up a trolling motor.  Tape up the exposed part because you don't want a hook stuck in it. 

Contractors normally throw it away once they have pulled what ever they are pulling through with it. 

--- End quote ---
I found a rope at Lowes that has worked well for me for several years. Don't remember what it called though. (hmm)

Eric Low:

--- Quote from: Bullet3119 on March 02, 2015, 02:23:37 PM ---I have that g man trolling motor handle and cable. Love it.

--- End quote ---

I like this too but you need to be careful not to drop the handle......I bet it would do a number on a screen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version