BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 296
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Fishing the "Activity" level  (Read 6912 times)

Offline Wizard

• Bluegill
  • Deep water angler on highland lakes
  • Referrals: 0
  • My Biggest Bass: 13+ lbs on a jig in the tules/California Delta
Fishing the "Activity" level
« on: March 04, 2015, 07:05:11 AM »
When I read threads on how to start fishing a new lake or new day, most say start at the top or bottom of the water column until you start catching bass. Another way is to fish the activity level of the lake. Every lake, every day, has an "activity" level. This is the depth that most of the forage and bass are using. It is easy to find on electronics because it is the depth where you see things happening.
I turn on my electronics and look at them as I idle from the no wake zone. By the time I'm ready to go on plane, I know the depth I'll start to fish. During hot weather the "activity" level is often around the thermocline. During spring, summer and fall, there may be more than one activity level in a deep lake. Deep forage schools form well below the thermocline and bass do feed on them. They feed and quickly return to more oxygenated water. If there is enough oxygen for baitfish, there is enough for bass. At least enough for a quick dive, feed and return.
Remember that because of all the variables in air pressure, algae levels, Ph, pollution and runoff, etc., the activity level often changes from day to day or even hour to hour. Keep watching your electronics and adjust your depth according to the fish.
Ozark angler and proud of it!

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: Fishing the "Activity" level
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 11:49:03 AM »
the activity level often changes from day to day or even hour to hour. Keep watching your electronics and adjust your depth according to the fish.

Definitely changes frequently. That's why during a 7 or 8 hour tournament you can suddenly hit fish in an area that seemed to be barren just a few minutes earlier, without ever moving the boat!

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal