Bass Boat Maintenance & Repairs > Bass Boat Maintenance

Super Easy Maintenance Tip

(1/2) > >>

Curt:
Many boat owners only think of adding fuel stabilizer to their gas tank for winter storage. But it's actually a good practice to add stabilizer every time you add new fuel to the tank!

Most gas nowadays has ethanol in it, so it doesn't stay fresh very long. Adding stabilizer year round will help maintain the integrity of your gas and help prevent damage to your fuel system.

So try to get into the habit of adding a small dose of fuel stabilizer every time you add gas  ;)

Jimmy RodandReel:
Yes Sir! I have used Sea Foam in my Yammy and the past few years Merc Quick clean since day one. After 15 years my compression was 111-104 across 6cyls and the tops of the pistons were very clean and the ring were also very clean.

I use Sea Foam in every tank and the Merc Quick clean #2 every other tank full.

smiley2uall:
I switched to Star tron for my regular additive. We have a very few select places to still buy ethanol free, but I still use additive.
Plus the occasional Sea Foam too.  (y)

Jig Man:
A Merc tech told me that with Quick Kleen I would not need any stabilizer plus I fish all year long.

Curt:

--- Quote from: Jig Man on January 31, 2015, 04:22:38 PM ---A Merc tech told me that with Quick Kleen I would not need any stabilizer plus I fish all year long.

--- End quote ---

My personal opinion is that stabilizer should be added every time you put fuel in your tank. It's a safeguard that doesn't cost much and could save you some cash in engine work down the road.

Your friend could be right, but I think I'll err on the side of caution  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version