BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 176
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Cleaning  (Read 9373 times)

Offline Bigwave9999

• Guppy
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Cleaning
« on: March 09, 2015, 04:07:34 PM »
what is the best, most economical wax and buffing combination of products to use on fiberglass?  What will remove a stain on white fiberglass?   Is there something you can get from a local chain store that helps with boat fiberglass protection?

Thanks

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Re: Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 04:57:40 PM »
@Coop @Matt@Fractures I know you guys can both answer this!

Thanks  (y)

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline dchance

• Bluegill
  • SKOL
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 11:32:50 PM »
After you get it clean only one product is needed to protect your rig. All surfaces.  BTS. (Bow to stern)

Offline RedAllison

• Smallmouth Bass
  • My Biggest Bass: 9#13oz. Mar/04, MS. Jig&pig
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 12:01:19 AM »
BEST UNIVERSAL CLEANER I've found... W.I.F.E.
AllisonOwners.net

Offline Matt@Fractures

• Minnow
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 02:03:05 AM »
There are a lot of different products to choose from.. I prefer 3M.. A bit more expensive than most. And I try different products when I can. But I seem to go back to 3M... For one reason or another.. 3M high gloss gelcoat compound. 3M finesett after compound.. I use a wool pad double sided.. After all that a good carnauba based wax.. I use Meguiars yellow 26.. But one can achieve great results with turtle wax and a buffer in cases. Or just the 3M swirl remover.. Finisett.. Not sure I spelled that right? But all this can be found online or a local auto body shop supply store.  I also have been recommended a few times a product called pro tech..I hope I got the name right? . But I'll hold off recommending them  until I try some and can see how the finish holds up over time.. 3M is in most manufactures and that's my background.. I know bass cat has become a pro tech dealer but I don't know if that's what they use on there molds and production ?? I'll try some soon...But If compound won't cut it .. The stains Start with2000 grit and go lower if real bad... and wet sand N buff.. Should be good as new!! Hope this helps good luck with the project!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jig Man

• Largemouth Bass
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 07:01:15 AM »
As far as keeping it looking good after you get it cleaned up I agree with dchance.  Bow to Stern is the best product that I have used on a boat.  It is a polymer sealer and requires little maintenance after it is applied properly.  It takes 3 coats to properly seal your boat.  Then just a wipe with a wet cloth and dry with a towel and you are good to go.  I only reapply about every 2 months and it just takes 5 minutes to do that.  My old tub is 14 years old and still looks good.
If you're too busy to go fishing you're too busy!!

Offline waterfish9090

• Guppy
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 02:07:56 PM »
Do yall wet sand by hand?   I have never done it before....

Offline Matt@Fractures

• Minnow
Cleaning
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 12:34:15 AM »
Yes a 1000 usually dose the trick.. Roll paper around a rag.. Bucket of soapy water.. Dish soap.. Sand away.. And buff to a shine.!! Wax with a good carnauba based wax. 3-6 months.. And removing the wax is most important.. I use Meguiars yellow 26.. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 12:36:42 AM by Matt@Fractures »

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator