Bass Boat Mods > General Boat Mods

Recessed Trolling Motor Tray

(1/7) > >>

Curt:
Here's a question for any of you who have installed a recessed trolling motor pedal tray in the front deck of your boat.

I know there are many different brands out there, and I also know that the trays are of varying quality.

And lastly, I know that some are plastic, some are metal and maybe there are some made of other materials.

What should I look for when buying one to install in my boat in the near future? Is metal better than plastic? Is there a brand that stands out with regard to quality? Which one do you prefer and why?

JackJ:
When I had my Champ, I went with the Trollwell since it was fiberglass and I could get it to match my boat color.
My father is wanting me to put one in the Ranger Cherokee, and I think I will go with an aluminum one for that, not sure which yet.

Curt:

--- Quote from: JackJ on March 16, 2015, 10:11:35 AM ---When I had my Champ, I went with the Trollwell since it was fiberglass and I could get it to match my boat color.
My father is wanting me to put one in the Ranger Cherokee, and I think I will go with an aluminum one for that, not sure which yet.

--- End quote ---

Thanks @JackJ   (y)

Anyone else??

Bullet3119:
Metal!

Curt:

--- Quote from: Bullet3119 on March 16, 2015, 01:20:58 PM ---Metal!

--- End quote ---

@Bullet3119 I was leaning toward metal. Can you tell me why you prefer metal trays, and maybe give me a brand name? Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version