BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 181
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Gorton Pond - East Lyme, CT  (Read 9027 times)

Offline Curt

• BBB Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
  • Referrals: 264
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
Gorton Pond - East Lyme, CT
« on: May 10, 2015, 09:19:02 PM »
Fished a club tourney here on Saturday, May 9, 2015

Had only been here once previously, very early in the year. On that particular day I caught absolutely no fish, so I had very little to go by except for knowing a little about the layout of the lake.

I took that little bit of knowledge and worked with it to put together a decent bag of fish that won the tourney I was fishing in.

While pre-fishing, I had spotted some old bass beds from last year, knowing that they would probably be on the beds for our tourney.

I started the morning fishing in the vicinity of a couple of those beds and put my first bass in the boat in the first 5 minutes of the tourney. Whew. Got rid of the skunk pretty quickly!

From there, I just started targeting other similar areas and pieced together a limit within 2 hours. By then I had figured out that most of my bites had come from areas with sparse new lily pads, but with little or no coontail weed around them. Fish from these areas were caught on a 4 inch worm.

For the day, I caught somewhere around 10 keeper fish. They were caught on a 4 inch worm, 5 inch worm and a floating original Rapala.

I'll definitely be hitting this lake again soon  (yes)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 10:22:05 PM by Curt »

Professionally Designed Websites Starting at Just $99 http://www.ProWebsitesUnlimited.com

Offline ranger361v

• Premium Member
  • Largemouth Bass
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Gorton Pond - East Lyme, CT
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 10:06:13 PM »
Good job Curt. (woohoo) (fef)

Tags: fishing reports 

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff