BBB Sponsor

Bass Tackle at Guaranteed Lowest Prices

BBB Sponsors

Authorized AMSOIL Dealer

Your best choice for the Primary Tackle you need!

Fishing Tackle With Guaranteed Best Price!

Garmin Marine Electronics

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 250
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Trailer hub fluid caps  (Read 6805 times)

Offline waterfish9090

• Guppy
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Trailer hub fluid caps
« on: March 17, 2015, 06:57:18 AM »
I have trailer hubs that have see-through caps where you can see the fluid for the brakes. My problem is I can't see through the caps and I want to replace them. Do any of you know where to get these caps or have any experience replacing them?  Trying to figure out if it's a simple job that I can do

Thanks.

Offline GotMyAlly

• Bluegill
  • BassBoatBoards.com Rocks!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Trailer hub fluid caps
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 11:59:00 AM »
I had UFP gold hubs on my last trailer.  They had an 'inspection window' but it did darken over time and you really couldn't see anything.  I have taken these completely apart after a tow through salty streets led to grit in the cup/sealing surface.  They are easy to break down (you'll need snap-ring pliers), and I ran the components through the dishwasher.  When reassembled with fresh fluid, the oil level in the inspection window was visible again.

I've got UFP Vault hubs on my current trailer and they do not have an inspection window....it's darkened intentionally as they claim these are maintenance free.  I still think an inspection window would add a feeling of confidence, but I'm sure the evidence of a leak would be splattered all over the boat/wheels/etc.

Tags:

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Forum Staff

Curt admin Curt
Administrator
admin Jive
Administrator
Mitz gmod Mitz
Global Moderator
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal